Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

fog lights

Old 12-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Bosun is on a distinguished road
Navy: Boatswain Mate 2nd Class
Bosun's Tacoma Gallery
fog lights

I'm new around here and I have a question about fog lights.
I have heard that 4 cyl don't come pre wired for fog lights, but knowing that and when I received my truck (new from dealer) it had some extras in it that I didn't ask for. maybe they were there and left the wires...
How can you tell if your pre wired for fog lights?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosun View Post
I'm new around here and I have a question about fog lights.
I have heard that 4 cyl don't come pre wired for fog lights, but knowing that and when I received my truck (new from dealer) it had some extras in it that I didn't ask for. maybe they were there and left the wires...
How can you tell if your pre wired for fog lights?
Easy pull the plugs where the fogs go see if there is a wire. Or pull the top right blank switch see if a wire is there. If not then you know.

If so easy buy a stock switch and relay. Hook up switch...open hood check the fuse box for fog relay and plug in relay and of course plug in fogs. DONE

If not then ya gotta wire it up your self
Old 12-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Bosun is on a distinguished road
Navy: Boatswain Mate 2nd Class
Bosun's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for that. you made it sound so simple. I feel like a dummy..haha
have to take a look in the morning.