Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

No low beams.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
No low beams.

I had low beams one minute, went into a store,came out and they turned on for a couple seconds and both went out at the same time. All other lights are working, drove home with high beam Silstar Ultras on,made a few new unhappy friends. Any ideas before I start checking stuff in the morning, it's an 07 2nd gen. Do we have separate fuses for high/low beams ? Haven't made it to the manual yet to look, Thanks.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #2
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
my guess is itís the low beam element on the bulbs them self. or maybe a low beam fuse?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkman View Post
I had low beams one minute, went into a store,came out and they turned on for a couple seconds and both went out at the same time. All other lights are working, drove home with high beam Silstar Ultras on,made a few new unhappy friends. Any ideas before I start checking stuff in the morning, it's an 07 2nd gen. Do we have separate fuses for high/low beams ? Haven't made it to the manual yet to look, Thanks.
ya these trucks have separate fuses for each high/low beams (4 in total)

have you added any new lighting recently?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:50 PM   #4
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
NO, nothing new,they just took a poop on the way home, headed out with a test light and see what we broke. Thanks for the help, will check that low beam fuse first.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkman View Post
NO, nothing new,they just took a poop on the way home, headed out with a test light and see what we broke. Thanks for the help, will check that low beam fuse first.
thats strange... ive heard of other peoples blowing from a short that was caused from like a new light source they installed...but not just like that...
any rain or water maybe got to one?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #6

Army:
Might have been some moisture,it's crappy out today and I just got done running a couple hundred miles in the slush on the Thruway. The fuses are fine, the high beams and parking lights are working, and when I just checked there is power to the drivers side low beam. I quit there,looks like the two Silstars may have just gave up the ghost at the same time.,never seen that before. Thanks for the help, try a couple bulbs in the morning and see what happens.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #7
SoCal Tacomas

Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
thats going to be your best bet, keep us updated
Old 12-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #8
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'ed, let us know. I have had them go out together before, not at the exact moment, but the same point to point driving.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #9

Army:
Update : bought two of the cheapest Sylvanias I could find and installed them. Headlights are working perfect for now, have no idea what happened,hopefully the electrical Gremlins are done with me for a while. Thanks for all the help and advice.