Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Newbie! Need recommendations for lights.

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
Jeedai22 is on a distinguished road
Jeedai22's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie! Need recommendations for lights.

I just got a new 12 DLCB SB TX TRD, purchased a new pre-runner bar for it. To be honest I have no idea or where to start looking for lights for it. I would appreciate any recommendations that you guys might have for some mid-priced driving lights.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
What's your budget?
Old 12-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
I have KC Daylighters on mine. They have good throw with a fairly yellow beam. If I had it to do over again I'd probably spend a few hundred more and get an LED light bar or Lightforces. The Daylighters are a lot of light for the $130 I spent though.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
Jeedai22 is on a distinguished road
Jeedai22's Tacoma Gallery
I don't want to spend more than $200, but if need be I can push it to $300.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
JustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustinL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
JustinL's Tacoma Gallery
There's a lot of Hella lights in that price range.

Here's a link on how to convert the Hella 700ff to HID:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...onversion.html

And if the 700ff series is too big for your application there's alway the 500ff which I think runs under $100 a pair. Here's a link to the 500 for sale:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001TWD5GY

And the HID kit will run you under $50 in most cases. Do you have a pic of the bar you're mounting these on?
Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
International Jewel Thief
Drummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to beholdDrummer0247 is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Michael
Drummer0247's Tacoma Gallery
the hella 4000's are very reasonable as well, very good light for the money, granted it is halogen but for me it exceeds my needs and if i were to spend the money on HID's i feel that i would not be utilizing their full potential, but that is just me, you have to first determine what you are using these for....looks/funtion or bombing through baja.....
Old 12-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Hella 4000's. Picked up a used set for 200 and buy an HID kit for 40-50 bucks.
Ridiculously bright

Products Discussed in this Thread