Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

mounting driving lights behind grill

Old 12-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
jokerj80 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeremy
jokerj80's Tacoma Gallery
mounting driving lights behind grill

I have recently installed some Hella 1000 driving lights behind my grill but they are shaking while im driving from vibration. I mounted them to the braces that connect the top of the grill to the bulkhead. does anyone know of a different way to mount them so they are more secure and do not vibrate (shake)?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by outxider View Post
thanks. i stumbled on that thread shortly after i posted this.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerj80 View Post
thanks. i stumbled on that thread shortly after i posted this.
Easy to install, works like a charm, doesn't shake
Old 12-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #5

im kind of worried that the lights would hang too low. they are centered good hanging from the grill brackets. and that mount is lower.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
im kind of worried that the lights would hang too low. they are centered good hanging from the grill brackets. and that mount is lower.
The light bar has slots in it to adjust the height, mine is adjusted all the way up to center the middle two. How big across are your lights, they look to be about the same size and height as my middle two.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #7

they are hella 1000's black magic. i assume they are 6 to 7 inches around? they were big enough that i had to relocate my horns.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
Banned
Quote:
they are hella 1000's black magic. i assume they are 6 to 7 inches around? they were big enough that i had to relocate my horns.

Yeah, those look to be about the same size as my middle two. this is mine behind the grill finished, it's pretty well centered top to bottom. A little off wouldn't bother me, a lot would have.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #9

Looks pretty good. I went ahead and ordered that bracket. Hope it fits good. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #10
Banned
you're welcome, let us know how that works out
Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 AM   #11
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
I have Hella Black Magic's behind my grill and use the bracket shown in the post above. It works like a charm.

Easy to install, plenty of adjustment, and no shaking from road vibration.

It's seems a bit pricey but totally worth the investment once you see what you are getting.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks pretty good. I went ahead and ordered that bracket. Hope it fits good. Thanks for the info.
You will love it and your lights will fit perfect!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #13
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is mine with the above bracket. Lightforce 170's, solid product.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #14

Thanks everyone. It came in the mail yesterday. Installing this weekend.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #15
Banned
Quote:
Thanks everyone. It came in the mail yesterday. Installing this weekend.