1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

best lift option for my 1st gen

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by jamey, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Dec 30, 2012 at 12:42 PM
    jamey

jamey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mayport, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Taco
    OME complete 3" lift with dakar leaf pack and AAL's Relentless fab sliders Uniden CB dynomat'd everything Focal 6" speakers 2 Kicker 10" subs JL Audio HD amp Kicker amp HID headlights LED lights in cab, bed of truck, and under hood. raptor lined bed sliders, and skids
    Ok, before I get flamed with the ol "there's a search button" let me just say that i have literally spent over 9 hours over the past week reading threads to try and figure out what is my best option.

I have an 03 TRD extra cab. Currently I have an ARE camper top and relentless fabrication weld on frame sliders. In the future I plan on getting allpro front and rear tube bumpers and a winch. The bumpers and winch wont happen for at least a year though as I am stationed in Hawaii and the shipping would be insane to get. Toytec lifts are also off the table as I was looking at the ultimate lift kit and shipping is over $400.00.

This truck is my daily driver so I don't want the ride to break my back when i hit a bump or pothole as the roads here on oahu are pretty crappy.

my goals are to run 33 inch tires with as little trimming as possible, still be able to haul a heavy load in the back and have good ride quality.

I know if i set the truck up now to handle all that extra weight i would probably have an insanely stiff ride that I would get tired off pretty quick. I would like a lift that would require as few changed parts as possible down the road to handle the extra weight and that will give me a good ride now.

I am honestly not offroading in Hawaii due to limited places to go but will be using the truck to go offroading once i get back in the mainland.

There is a fourwheel parts store here that I will probably be using to get my parts from (atleast the heavy stuff).

so is there a good lift combination that will allow me to only switch a few parts down the road to keep the 33" tires and handle the extra weight?

also been thinking about just adding 3" above coilover spacers and AAL's in the rear and just waiting until I get bumpers to buy more offroad capable lift kit. Just don't know what would be the best option.

all opinions appreciated.

2. Dec 30, 2012 at 12:48 PM
    superswamper003

superswamper003 Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Hendrik
    N. Snottsdale Arizona
    Vehicle:
    1998 4wd TRD 3.4l Tacoma Xcab 313k miles!!!
    Fox Xtended travel coilovers w/resis, AllPro UCA's, AllPro 3 inch leaflets, 1" Diff Drop, 285/75/16 Bfg KO, 16x8 Black Pro Comp Steelies, AP 1.25" wheel spacers in front, 8 inch Rockford Fosgate sub that bumps like your mother, old school deck, downey headers, cold air intake, grey wire mod, e-locker, hurst shift knob, LED Strips, USMC Decals FTMFW, Fox decal, Billet grille, Alarm with no remote, Straight piped to the side of the truck
    Well you could go with coil spacers but your ride will worsen

3. Dec 30, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    jamey

jamey [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Mayport, FL
    Vehicle:
    2003 TRD Taco
    OME complete 3" lift with dakar leaf pack and AAL's Relentless fab sliders Uniden CB dynomat'd everything Focal 6" speakers 2 Kicker 10" subs JL Audio HD amp Kicker amp HID headlights LED lights in cab, bed of truck, and under hood. raptor lined bed sliders, and skids
    bah, just realized I posted this is lighting... I thought it said lifting lmao guess i need to get my eyes checked... Please delete I'll repost in the correct area.

4. Dec 30, 2012 at 12:55 PM
    mlittle

mlittle T O Y O T A

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Fort Sill, OK
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 4x4
    I installed Bilstein 5100s with new coils and an AAL to give my truck some lift. You may be able to get most of the parts at the local shop, so you won't have to get much shipped in.

Products Discussed in

To Top