Old 09-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #22
Dickey4bama is on a distinguished road
Dickey4bama's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the idea!
Attached Thumbnails
Led Light Bar mounted in lower bumper-image.jpg  
Old 09-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #23
So Cal Edition
SWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shedSWCCBEE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Name: Greg
SWCCBEE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post
I installed a 30" light bar into the lower opening of my bumper. No fab need just dremel out the inside of the to fit light bar. Took pictures as much as i could.

used angled iron 35" this was the first test on how we mounted it but we turned around because was sticking out of bumper. have about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch spacing this way

again, this is the first test. Turn the angle iron around for more flush. As well used spaced to bring iron above top of bumper rail. use plenty of spacers.

here is it with the angled iron turned around. sorry bad pic forgot to take pics when turned around

then assemble

Did you use two different switches for flood/spot? Pics?
Old 09-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #24
sportzman0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
sportzman0's Tacoma Gallery
Just one switch
Old 09-27-2013, 10:22 PM   #25
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post
Just one switch
not seeing your photo for the switch
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #26
MattB77 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
MattB77's Tacoma Gallery
I'm going to attempt this this coming weekend. Did you just dremel away that thin piece of plastic across the opening of the lower grill?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #27
Dickey4bama is on a distinguished road
Dickey4bama's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB77 View Post
I'm going to attempt this this coming weekend. Did you just dremel away that thin piece of plastic across the opening of the lower grill?
I used a sawzal
Old 10-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #28
IRATE.AKTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kolin
IRATE.AKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Installed my Rigid Industries 30" E-Series in my lower valance today "well yesterday"..

Mounted it using the Rigid SR Lower Valance brackets.. I removed the grille for easier access but wasn't needed..

Really EASY install simply unbolt the four bumper bolts, then lower valance push pins, install brackets, tighten bumper bolts, install light-bar, cut lower valance "will need to trim on the sides if running an E-Series", re-install then wire up... All together before wiring I had about an hour of time into it... Love the fit and light output...
Old 10-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #29
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Taco Guy11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRATE.AKTaco View Post
Installed my Rigid Industries 30" E-Series in my lower valance today "well yesterday"..

Mounted it using the Rigid SR Lower Valance brackets.. I removed the grille for easier access but wasn't needed..

Really EASY install simply unbolt the four bumper bolts, then lower valance push pins, install brackets, tighten bumper bolts, install light-bar, cut lower valance "will need to trim on the sides of running an E-Series", re-install then wire up... All together before wiring I had about an hour of time into it... Love the fit and light output...
Got pics of the mounts for that I just seen rigid offers mounts for the 05-current Tacoma
Old 10-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #30

MattB77's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if those Rigid mounts would work on the okled light bars...
Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #31
Taco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Guy11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My guess is if it is a 30" bar an mounts on the ends it will work
Old 10-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #32

MattB77's Tacoma Gallery
^ Ya it does. Maybe I'll just order it up it would make it easier then doing the angle iron mount like the OP.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #33

That's what I was thinking but didn't wanna spend 800 on a light bar
Old 10-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #34
SportyHeretic is on a distinguished road

Coast Guard: Electronic Warfare
Name: Jeremy
SportyHeretic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Mounted it using the Rigid SR Lower Valance brackets... I removed the grille for easier access but wasn't needed...
All together before wiring I had about an hour of time into it... Love the fit and light output...
I may be doing something similar in the next few weeks. My only concern is air flow, is that lower valence vital for air flow or just for looks?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #35
IRATE.AKTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kolin
IRATE.AKTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Guy11 View Post
Got pics of the mounts for that I just seen rigid offers mounts for the 05-current Tacoma
The ones you are looking at are indeed the mounts sorry i didnt take a picture of the mounts themselves but they are exactly what are listed in the picture http://www.rigidindustries.com/Toyot...it-p/40156.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyHeretic View Post
I may be doing something similar in the next few weeks. My only concern is air flow, is that lower valence vital for air flow or just for looks?
I would say it doesn't. Of course its taking away from more potential air into the radiator but most of the air is circulated to it through the upper grille. It is about the same as adding an HD front bumper, same concept really your not blocking the intake or anything...
Old 11-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #36
C00P07 is on a distinguished road

Name: Cooper
C00P07's Tacoma Gallery
Is it possible to do this without cutting anything on the lower valence? How much are you cutting off in your process?
Old 11-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #37
sportzman0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
sportzman0's Tacoma Gallery
I cut almost all the bottom opening. You van do without cutting by flipping the Angeles iron around so it doesn't push the light bar so far in the opening
Old 12-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #38
Its Wicked Flow BITCHES!!
KenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenpachiZaraki is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ヽ(`Д´)ノ
KenpachiZaraki's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the idea, I'm actually halfway doing this on mine, but I'm running a 20" with 2-4 inch floods.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #39
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Really EASY install simply unbolt the four bumper bolts, then lower valance push pins, install brackets, tighten bumper bolts, install light-bar, cut lower valance "will need to trim on the sides if running an E-Series", re-install then wire up... All together before wiring I had about an hour of time into it... Love the fit and light output...
Great work!! I'm tackling this as soon as I can get ahold of that Rigid lower valance bracket. I have a 30" E-series as well that I'm dying to install.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #40

Here's my setup still have to wire it up tomorrow

Products Discussed in this Thread