Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Off Road Lights

Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 AM   #1
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Off Road Lights

I'm looking to put some lights behind my grill on a BAMF mount, any suggestions? I do a fair amount of off road driving at night and general night driving, so I want something that will really light up the sky.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 AM   #2
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
What about Light force? I know they are expensive but I have heard pretty good things about them. Is it easy to retrofit them?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #3
m.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Adam
m.reed.1's Tacoma Gallery
LED! lol
Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 PM   #4

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Lol thanks Reed. I think I am going to go with the Hella 500ff with a 55w HID conversion
Old 01-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #5

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone else out there? I have some Hella 500FF but want something a little different... for distance.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
take a look at what the halogen genesis can do for distance (driving pattern) before u think about tearing them apart....its pretty impressive.

I have fogs for flood.

as for the genesis, u can order different filters too.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #7
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.reed.1 View Post
LED! lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
Anyone else out there? I have some Hella 500FF but want something a little different... for distance.

You're definitely not going to want LED if you're looking for distance. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of LED's, but they simply do not compare to HID and even some halogens when it comes to distance (the lightforce genesis halogen mentioned above has better distance than almost any LED light bar available, that I know of).

A retrofitted hella 500 is going to certainly be the cheapest option and will probably have pretty good distance. Many people have done it and been very happy with it. Not a bad route to go especially since you already have them.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Christian Pastor. Need prayer,have questions? Ask
JayDawg is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JayDawg's Tacoma Gallery
I have used PIAA for 15 years with great results. I currently have 4 PIAA 80 racing series off road lights on my Tacoma but may be adding these ones soon.

http://www.piaa.com/store/p/369-Rs80...ngle-Lamp.aspx

Here is a picture of my truck.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #9
hunt12 will become famous soon enoughhunt12 will become famous soon enough

Name: kuzz
hunt12's Tacoma Gallery
Off Road Lights-cruise-2010-229.jpghowe dopost pictures to my post