Notices

front parking lights

Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 AM   #1
skizzler7 is on a distinguished road
Army: artillery section chief, 101st airborne, republic of viet nam
Name: Bill
skizzler7's Tacoma Gallery
front parking lights

08 tacoma parking lights won't come on. The 4 ways and turn signals work fine. The rear lights are fine also

Anyone have any experience with this problem?
Old 01-05-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
try replacing the bulbs? they do burn out

just a thought...
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #3
front parking lights

I'll take a look at them. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #4
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Usually not in pairs. Check the fuse, might have a short somewhere.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #5
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin626 View Post
Usually not in pairs. Check the fuse, might have a short somewhere.
you're right usually not, but I have had one burn out, never bothered to replace it, and had the other burn out later. thus why I replace bulbs like that in pairs any time just one burns out
Old 01-15-2013, 04:57 AM   #8
found that they were both burned out. was confused as to where they were. I originally thought that they were towards the middle, but they are on the extreme outer edges. thanks for your thoughts.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
TacoWill will become famous soon enough
Air Force: administrator
Name: will
TacoWill's Tacoma Gallery
DTRL

I would like to make my fogs into DTRL. Anybody done this?
Old 01-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
Licensed Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzler7 View Post
found that they were both burned out. was confused as to where they were. I originally thought that they were towards the middle, but they are on the extreme outer edges. thanks for your thoughts.
you're welcome
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #11
emt49126 is on a distinguished road
EMS: Emt-Basic
Name: Rodney
emt49126's Tacoma Gallery
My two have gone out. Replaced both bulbs yesterday. No luck. The turning signal works just fine. Fuse not blown. Guessing maybe a short??
Old 02-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoWill View Post
I would like to make my fogs into DTRL. Anybody done this?
Doing the fog light anytime mod will allow you to control when dtrls are on or off
Old 02-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #13
Licensed Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emt49126 View Post
My two have gone out. Replaced both bulbs yesterday. No luck. The turning signal works just fine. Fuse not blown. Guessing maybe a short??
are the rear running lights working?
Old 08-18-2013, 09:15 AM   #14
jlleiber has a spectacular aura aboutjlleiber has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
jlleiber's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzler7 View Post
What bulbs did you replace them with? I just pulled mine out but see no bulb size on them
Old 08-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
jlleiber has a spectacular aura aboutjlleiber has a spectacular aura about
Name: Justin
jlleiber's Tacoma Gallery
Answered my own question - sylvania 2827 is the correct size
Old 08-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #16
Jumper's Leds
csjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsjumper2003 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: 2nd class petty officer
Name: chris
csjumper2003's Tacoma Gallery
There are a lot of number for those replacements, but the most common is a 194, or 168
Old 08-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #17
Licensed Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjumper2003 View Post
There are a lot of number for those replacements, but the most common is a 194, or 168
168 being common for exterior; brighter and burn hotter, don't last as long though; higher wattage

194 is typically used for interior lighting; not as bright and doesn't get quite as hot, will last a little longer; lower wattage