Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Best quality LED bars for lowest prices?

Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
youngbuck is on a distinguished road

Name: caleb
youngbuck's Tacoma Gallery
Best quality LED bars for lowest prices?

I'm trying to find a good quality LED bar around 20" to put under the grill of my 99 prerunner. Does anybody know of a site that has a good price for them?
Old 01-02-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mike
ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
Blitzpro.com - I have their 21'' and like it a lot. http://okledlightbars.webs.com is another that members on here seem to like.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #3

Awesome. Would you recomend a light bar over fog lights for brightness purpouses? I'm trying to go as bright as possible haha.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
ffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedffirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
A light bar will throw light farther than most fogs would. That being said, Blitzpros bars have no optics in them to create a spot pattern. They are just a big flood light, similar to how fogs work. But it is also a lot brighter than most fog lights you will find.

Heres my truck with just the 21'' bar on. All of these pics were with my iphone, so the light pattern doesn't look as even as it really is.

Again, here it is with just the LED bar on:

And here is is with my low beam 5000k HIDs on:

If you are looking for as bright as possible, I don't know if an LED bar is what you're looking for really. I mean I love mine for what it does, but if you are trying to throw a ton of light down the road I would buy some good spot lights like Hella or Lightforce. LEDs are incredibly bright and power efficient, but they still have a ways to go technology-wise to focus the light on the road.

Then again, I've never seen a Rigid Industries bar in action, so I could be completely wrong. But the pictures I have seen have not left me that impressed, especially with their price tag.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
okledlightbars.com

Quite bright as you can tell. Love this light!
20" with no other lights
Old 01-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #7

Those both actually look REALLY good. The one I'm really looking at would be the 21" from okledlightbars.com just for the brightness purpous as both of y'all have shown. Should it be down angled at all or is position just personal prefrence?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
Those both actually look REALLY good. The one I'm really looking at would be the 21" from okledlightbars.com just for the brightness purpous as both of y'all have shown. Should it be down angled at all or is position just personal prefrence?
Doesn't have to be. Mine is pointing straight. Don't use it for oncoming traffic though. You will blind other drivers. I use mine as high beams and for trails. The light pattern is impressive as you can see.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #9

Alright. I'll probably order it tonight more than likely. I'll post some pictures of the install and results when it's all done with.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
BlitzPro 21S
Attached Thumbnails
Best quality LED bars for lowest prices?-image.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #11
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
Alright. I'll probably order it tonight more than likely. I'll post some pictures of the install and results when it's all done with.
Awesome!
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #12

ffirg's Tacoma Gallery
The OKled 20'' is going to be brighter because it has two rows of course. Mine is mounted slightly down but only because how I mounted it does not allow for it to be adjusted upwards very much. And yes, do not use it with oncoming traffic. Way too bright for that
Old 01-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #14
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
check out rigid industries as well. They have a spot pattern or flood. They can also be fitted for both in one unit.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #15
The Blue Warrior

^ Rigid is good too, but have fun paying double or even triple the amount for pretty much the same thing.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #16

^That's what I was thinking too haha still trying to install a system, and wheels so I'm on a limited budget haha
Old 01-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #17
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
yea that is true. They are pricy compared to other stuff. made in usa lifetime warranty is nice though. i'm not sure on the other companies mentioned and their warranty program
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #19
JimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJimmyCee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JC
JimmyCee's Tacoma Gallery
Here you go my man!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...s-per-1-a.html
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #20
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter247 View Post
How come the okled bars are so much cheaper?
Chris isn't really trying to make a lot of money. He just wants to get his name out there and make some friends in the process. That's why his prices are amazing and that he had a group buy and is currently doing a prize giveaway contest. Chris is an amazing guy plus his prices can't be beat.