Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

how do i wire cheapo led fogs to come on with amber running lights on 1st gen?

Old 01-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
BluePearlShark99's Tacoma Gallery
how do i wire cheapo led fogs to come on with amber running lights on 1st gen?

i know a ton of u guys have done this...
so why is it so hard to find any info!? i've searched for days on end, on and off, over the last month, on TW and google; i'm going insane. i've asked in multiple threads for help but cant seem to get any answers that are dumbed down enough for a lighting noob, like myself...
sure i've installed my fogs following the directions that came with em, sure i've installed map lights from a 4runner with no wire harness and limited info, but i know nothing about relays!!!!! please me
the 2nd gens apparently take less than 5 mins to do this.
i wanted to be done with this mod by now since i tried to start this morning 8 hours ago but dont wanna start a fire or anything, i haven't done shit but continue to search and ask questions in vein, so i started a thread and i swear the first person to say "search" is getting neg. rep.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: CAG11 & VAW-117 AME2
caribe makaira's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"
BluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBluePearlShark99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

where do u get one of those special fuze things? what do u call it?

so i just crimp the power from fogs to that thing, stick a 5 and 10 fuze in there and pop it into the tail light slot? seems easy enough

so i assume i could do it this way to the ignition even?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Lurker No More
caribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shedcaribe makaira is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
where do u get one of those special fuze things? what do u call it?

so i just crimp the power from fogs to that thing, stick a 5 and 10 fuze in there and pop it into the tail light slot? seems easy enough

so i assume i could do it this way to the ignition even?
Add-a-circuit made by Bussman...PepBoys-AutoZone-etc...

Yes on both questions...but you did mention ya wanted them to turn ON with the tails...
Old 01-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribe makaira View Post
Add-a-circuit made by Bussman...PepBoys-AutoZone-etc...

Yes on both questions...but you did mention ya wanted them to turn ON with the tails...
thanx! i'm undecided if i want them to be dtrls or just come on with the corners, but tails work too

now i hope you're not fucking with me when you said "ON" in all caps and they wont turn OFF with the tails too..
Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

got it done! thanx again. had to use a 15a fuze instead of 5a for the fogs tho
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
Lurker No More

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePearlShark99 View Post
got it done! thanx again. had to use a 15a fuze instead of 5a for the fogs tho
LED's that need 15a what didya get? or was it ya had around to use? Take some pics of the finifshed job n share.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:59 AM   #8
R.I.P. "Pearl the Shark"

It was a cyllindrical 15a fuse on em out the box. Ill take some pics tomorrow, but they wont be much different from the ones in my photos already. I could show u where theres not a switch anymore!