Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

BHLM-Swing and a Miss!

Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Tacofool is on a distinguished road

Tacofool's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM-Swing and a Miss!

Decided my first mod on my month old truck would be the BHLM. Grill off-check, tabs & bolts removed-check, bulbs removed-check, removal of light assembly-EPIC FAIL. I removed the little ninja nut hiding behold the fender and still could not get the headlight assembly out. I was and RCH away from breaking something. No finesse was going to get that light out today. Got a new grill on shipment, I will try again then. In the meantime I will commence with the de-badging. I love the Texas Edition, but the silly Walker Texas Ranger Badge has got to go.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #2
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
There is a bolt on the bottom you have to reach up from the bottom to find it. It's a stretch to reach it.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
Dantwenty2 is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
Dantwenty2's Tacoma Gallery
Show us some pics!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
There is a bolt on the bottom you have to reach up from the bottom to find it. It's a stretch to reach it.
I am pretty sure that I had every thing off. The light would move freely in the housing, just not enough room to get it out. I am pretty sure Toyota uses some kind of voodoo to get them in.
Couldn't do any pictures, tight angles inside the housing.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
EATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shedEATABULLETcom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mark
EATABULLETcom's Tacoma Gallery
the only way i got mine out without scratching the shit out of em was to take of the bumper cover. took an extra 5 minutes but well worth it. they slide right out because you dont have that clip in the way at the bottom inner corner.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #7

Good advice. Might have to try that.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #8
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
and make sure its the TOP bolt of the 2 bolts that are around there
Old 01-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #9
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
Your title made me laugh.

I was expecting to see melted headlights in an oven for some reason. Glad to hear it wasn't so bad!