Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OTRATTW switches

Old 02-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #22
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
those look sweet ^ when i went on awhile back to look at them it always confused me when i tried to pick out what color code i wanted. amber>green>amber or somethin like that....what is your model or switch color code?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #24
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Thanks! Got the Contura V Laser Etched switches. Just called and told the guy exactly what I wanted the switch to do and he customized. He also had several switches that were not displayed on the website.
ah makes sense yea ill def keep this in mind before i order them, thank you!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 AM   #25
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Thanks! Got the Contura V Laser Etched switches. Just called and told the guy exactly what I wanted the switch to do and he customized. He also had several switches that were not displayed on the website.
x2, definitely call when you order. Those guys are great to deal with and it ensures you get the exact switch you want regarding functionality, color, etc.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #26
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
x2, definitely call when you order. Those guys are great to deal with and it ensures you get the exact switch you want regarding functionality, color, etc.
So if I wanted a design that they didn't have listed (ie a LED HALOS switch) they could do it?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #27
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
So if I wanted a design that they didn't have listed (ie a LED HALOS switch) they could do it?
They should be able to do something close, you have to have an idea of the actual switch in mind, say you want a dpst switch, with one light always on, and a second light the comes on with the accessories, you would find that switch/part number, and request a compatible actuator
Be designed for your specifications. Call or email OTRATTW with what you want, they will let you know what they can feasibly
Do. OTRATTW has great customer service, they'll poin you in the right direction.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #28
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quick question. I have some of the OTRATTW switches but a couple of the front rockers have broken and need to be replaced. These are the switches I have

My question is, can I just swap the front rocker only to the different style rocker like these?

I know I can replace the front rocker with the same style I have already but are the swtich bodies the same between these lights? I just want to use the laser etched rockers instead.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #29
I deal with dead animals
meatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeatman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
meatman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box Rocket View Post
I know I can replace the front rocker with the same style I have already but are the swtich bodies the same between these lights? I just want to use the laser etched rockers instead.
You can and they fit fine but the light will be white. Your old ones the lens gave color to the switch were as the laser etched ones use a colored led light.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #30
Neighborhood Know-it-all
Box Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shedBox Rocket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Box Rocket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meatman View Post
You can and they fit fine but the light will be white. Your old ones the lens gave color to the switch were as the laser etched ones use a colored led light.
Ok. didn't think of the light color, but it shouldn't matter much. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:58 AM   #31
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
heres mine. really love these switches. the only part i am not totally happy with is that i wanted to use it with a relay setup to switch on by grounding, and these arnt setup for that. with the normal bulb version you could just switch the wires, but with leds you can. i need to pull a switch apart and see if i can flip the LEDs around.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:44 PM   #32
Jackalope33b is on a distinguished road
Jackalope33b's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid56 View Post

Gotta a question..
When the lights (light bar, back up etc) are off, what part of the switch is illuminated?
Old 02-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #33
metrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmetrick1215 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Firefighter/Paramedic
Name: Chris
metrick1215's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-23-2014, 02:55 PM   #34
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody that has some 2nd gen tacoma or fj blanks they'd like to get rid of I'll gladly take them!
Old 02-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #35
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackalope33b View Post
Gotta a question..
When the lights (light bar, back up etc) are off, what part of the switch is illuminated?
the two to the right are in the "off" position (properly setup)

however, due to my setting up my relay panel to trigger the relay on the negative side, they are backwards. but i am working on that lol sorry currently the three on the left are "off" and the two others are on
Old 02-23-2014, 07:46 PM   #36
Professional bear handler
MTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MTopp's Tacoma Gallery
Subd
Old 02-24-2014, 06:15 AM   #37
Smashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Smashing's Tacoma Gallery
For those that have done the trimming... will the blanks fit back in the holes? Wonder in case I ever want to revert back to stock for sale or something.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:19 AM   #38
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
For those that have done the trimming... will the blanks fit back in the holes? Wonder in case I ever want to revert back to stock for sale or something.
i relocated one of my switches, the blank doesnt quite fit in the slot anymore. BUT, wrap a couple layers of electrical tape around the blank and it fits quite nicely and you can't see the tape
Old 02-24-2014, 06:31 AM   #39
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashing View Post
If you're careful with your trimming, the blanks fit back in the holes perfectly. I just put my Tacoma back to stock and traded it in and the dash looked like it did when it rolled of the factory floor when I was done.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:15 PM   #40
Smashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmashing is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Smashing's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks- great info