Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

2nd Gen Bed light (3rd brake light)

Old 01-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
sidehiller is on a distinguished road
Name: Eric
sidehiller's Tacoma Gallery
2nd Gen Bed light (3rd brake light)

Okay, Ive had my '13 Tacoma for a few weeks now and didnt notice that it didnt have a 3rd brake light bed/ utility light... Dang! That really sucks!
Is there a plug-n-play aftermarket bed light (or lens replacement) that one could insert in place of the stock brake light?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidehiller View Post
Okay, Ive had my '13 Tacoma for a few weeks now and didnt notice that it didnt have a 3rd brake light bed/ utility light... Dang! That really sucks!
Is there a plug-n-play aftermarket bed light (or lens replacement) that one could insert in place of the stock brake light?
No, there is a mod to install one from a Colorado/Canyon.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #3
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda plug and play, after some cutting and fitting and wiring lol

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ight-pics.html
Old 01-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Hahaha! Crap! yeah, I saw that. Im not really interested in the cutting part yet.
I did see that a Ford ranger has about the same size light with a utility light in it. Has anyone used one of them?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #5
I found out that there might be a 1st gen. aftermarket utility/ brake light available. Would it work on the 2nd gen?
Old 01-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #6
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidehiller View Post
There is absolutely no light at the top of the cab in the back? It is a requirement for all vehicles to have this. Did you buy it new from the dealer? Go back to them and tell them to put one on. I really don't know how it have no 3rd brake light from the factory.

Matt
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
t_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to allt_e is a name known to all
Name: Erik
t_e's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
There is absolutely no light at the top of the cab in the back? It is a requirement for all vehicles to have this. Did you buy it new from the dealer? Go back to them and tell them to put one on. I really don't know how it have no 3rd brake light from the factory.

Matt
He's asking for cargo lamps.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Yeah, it has the 3rd brake light, just not the clear ultility lens that most/ all other trucks have.
I didnt know what else to call it; if there is a better term let me now. I would really like to find a solution to adding some down light to the bed area without wiring LEDs to the bed rails...
Old 01-13-2014, 02:39 PM   #9
Pacos13Taco is on a distinguished road
Pacos13Taco's Tacoma Gallery
i was also surprised that my truck didn't have one. sucks when you're trying to tie something down and its dark out. hopefully someone has a decent suggestion, i'd like to find something that i can turn on/off from inside the cab. don't want to cut into the truck either