Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OTRATTW Switch

Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #21
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin81 View Post

Bad ass bro. Bad ass. What is up with the rear camera switch?
Old 01-18-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
OTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant future
Name: Jim
OTRATTW's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post
ok. so this is what i was talking about.... i received my switches from otrattw. I plugged it up with my wiring harness for light bar and just like i thought was going to happen. The bottom switch is wired with the dash light but the top light only comes on when the bar is it. which i want the top including the bottom to be lit up only when dashlights came on.

The switch body you are currently using is a V1D1J. Does it have a blue lens rocker attached, with the raised bumps or is the surface smooth with the symbol and text only showing through the rocker when lit up?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #23
sportzman0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
sportzman0's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
ive tried to jump the negs together and then have 6 for dash but that only has the bottom light on. I guess i can leave it how it comes if its too much work. Makes more sense to have like that.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
OTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant futureOTRATTW has a brilliant future
Name: Jim
OTRATTW's Tacoma Gallery
The switch is designed only to have the lower light independent.

With the rocker you have installed on the switch, you would need either of these:

V1D1K66B-00000-000

or

V1D2U66B-00000-000

Both of these have both incandesent lights independently wired.

I would consider only having the one incandescent light connected with your dash lights due to the brightness and the heat the incandescent lights produce. The other option if you want both lights, use a Carling Tech V-series switch with either 18 volt lights installed or LEDs.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #26
ok then ill just leave the way i have it. Was hoping the other way but i think im agreeing with everyone about leaving the lower light then when on the upper like come on which is probably better. Now just wondering if i could file down sides to do so :P lol so indicisive. lol oh well i guess. dont plan on getting rid of truck anytime soon
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #27
Question about wiring to dash lights, can I just tap into the dash light wire on a plug close to the fog light switch that isn't being used? Such as the clutch cancel switch even tho I don't have a clutch. That would be the switch the plug would be for?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #28
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Are you wondering how to get the light to stay on with the switch off? If so, just tap into your interior fuse box. Something like ign or acc should would. There are a whole bunch of different types of fuse taps.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:54 PM   #29
Just don't want to tap into ign because already have amp to it. Don't want to blow it. Just tapped into unused plug. Thank you everyone for help considering I'm a retard being difficult
Old 01-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #30

Old 01-19-2013, 12:57 AM   #31
thinking about ordering some more bodies for it :P
Old 06-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #32
IOPiece Chicken is on a distinguished road

Name: jesse
IOPiece Chicken's Tacoma Gallery
Do these switches fit in the factory hole or do they require a lot of modifying was wanting to get some
Old 09-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #34
The Slow But Getting Somewhere Build
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AC-130W Crew Chief
Name: Dane
tacodane's Tacoma Gallery
so I got my first switch from otrattw got the lights to work but not the way I want it to be. both lights come one no matter the switch position. fog lights don't come on with switch and with the red light its suppose to only come one when I flip it to turn the fog lights on. any ideas. ive tried all the wires and I attempted to follow the otrattw instructions as well. Any help would be great
Attached Thumbnails
OTRATTW Switch-light-switch.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2013, 06:56 AM   #35
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodane View Post
so I got my first switch from otrattw got the lights to work but not the way I want it to be. both lights come one no matter the switch position. fog lights don't come on with switch and with the red light its suppose to only come one when I flip it to turn the fog lights on. any ideas. ive tried all the wires and I attempted to follow the otrattw instructions as well. Any help would be great
What wires do you have connected to what terminals?
Old 09-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #36
tacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacodane is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
What wires do you have connected to what terminals?
ran the wires again. well the blue when touching green/white and black/white activate fog lights
ok so here we go. green #2 blue #6 white/black # 8 or #7 and green/white #7 or #8 - light switch works as should but fog lights don't come on

blue #2, green #6, green/white #3, white/black #7 blue light comes on but when switch is flipped no red light but fogs come on
Old 09-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #37
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
ran the wires again. well the blue when touching green/white and black/white activate fog lights
ok so here we go. green #2 blue #6 white/black # 8 or #7 and green/white #7 or #8 - light switch works as should but fog lights don't come on

blue #2, green #6, green/white #3, white/black #7 blue light comes on but when switch is flipped no red light but fogs come on
Okay do
green/white #7
green #6
blue #2
black/white #3

Going off this picture:

If the red light still doesn't come on, leave everything as I said and also connect 8 to 7.
This is all assuming you got the dependent upper light and independent lower light one
Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunknsloth View Post
Okay do
green/white #7
green #6
blue #2
black/white #3

Going off this picture:

If the red light still doesn't come on, leave everything as I said and also connect 8 to 7.
This is all assuming you got the dependent upper light and independent lower light one
well my switch has two lights in it. sure this would work
Old 09-03-2013, 02:19 AM   #39

Quote:
well my switch has two lights in it. sure this would work
The diagram I got from OTRATTW for a switch with two lights where the upper light is on when the switch is turned on and the lower light is independently wired. If this is how your switch is and this diagram is correct:

(From http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...og-lights.html)

Then this should work if you have no other problems in the system.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it, there's a good chance this won't work since the stock switch is a grounding switch. You're going to have to do a whole different wiring set up, or a new switch. I would recommend their DPDT On/On switch with both independently wired LEDs (unfortunately I'm not seeing it on the site, I would email or call them and ask). That's probably the only switch type that will work how you want it to with this wiring set up. The only chance I can think of it working is if you do the same as I said before but put white/black to #8 so:
green/white #7
green #6
blue #2
black/white #8

But if I read the other thread correctly the LED will light but the fogs won't come on.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #40
zatarra is on a distinguished road

Air Force: TACP
zatarra's Tacoma Gallery
already blew one fuse :/

Anyone have advice on how to wire a carling/otrattw switch for dvd bypass?
Do I need a relay for this?

It works fine if I ground #8 and connect #3 to the headunit's parking brake wire, but the switch itself doesn't light up.

So wondering which wires i need to connect to leave bottom light on and make top come on when switched to on.

Also dvd is playing whether switch is off/on. (this is obviously fine but I want the lights to work as well.)

Sorry if that was too easy to read..

Included my switch's wire diagram and link to exact switch i purchased:
http://www.otrattw.net/CONTURA-X-SEA...1ED00-000.html
Attached Thumbnails
OTRATTW Switch-wire-diagram.jpg