1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OTRATTW Switch

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by sportzman0, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Jan 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    sportzman0

sportzman0 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Black emblems Tinted Windows Aftermarket Audio System LED Dome Lights Headlights Blacked Out
    Ok so i have a light bar and looking to get an OTRATTW switch for it. the wires coming off the relay have 3 wires. A white(+), a black(-), and a blue(neutral? not sure). the blue and white have to make contact for the led light bar to turn on. Wondering what body i would need with the switch to power the light. Would like the switch lights to light up as well but not sure if i have enough wires going to it. Please share :)

P.s. the rocker switch i want is the offroad switch or the zombie light switch.

2. Jan 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Black emblems Tinted Windows Aftermarket Audio System LED Dome Lights Headlights Blacked Out
    Please Help!!!

3. Jan 13, 2013 at 5:34 PM
    claymore

claymore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    TRD cat back exhaust, console vault(for my little friend),Pop and Lock, Bak Flip G2, Weather Tech window covers, LED inside and out, DTRL Anytime, Grillcraft Grill, BAMF Light Bar with Hella 500s and Blitzpro 15D, Eibach with 5100's all around set at .85 and top plate spacers, LR UCA's, toytec 2" add a leaf, Duratrack 285 75 16, ABS kill switch, Aux reverse lights, Blue Sea Aux fuse block, ImMrYo Bracket, LED Bedlights, Ultra Gauge,
    Can you see numbers on the relay? There should be numbers coresponding to wire colors on the bottom of the relay.

4. Jan 13, 2013 at 5:39 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Alberta
    They come with a diagram don't they? I have an otrattw stick for my light bar, and my switch lights up.

5. Jan 13, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    claymore

claymore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    ABQ New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2012 Offroad
    TRD cat back exhaust, console vault(for my little friend),Pop and Lock, Bak Flip G2, Weather Tech window covers, LED inside and out, DTRL Anytime, Grillcraft Grill, BAMF Light Bar with Hella 500s and Blitzpro 15D, Eibach with 5100's all around set at .85 and top plate spacers, LR UCA's, toytec 2" add a leaf, Duratrack 285 75 16, ABS kill switch, Aux reverse lights, Blue Sea Aux fuse block, ImMrYo Bracket, LED Bedlights, Ultra Gauge,
  6. Jan 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    Yes but I want to make sure I order the correct body for the switch. I want the switch to still light up and when I turn on, the light bar comes on. Just don't want to order the wrong switch with body and find out I can't use it like I want.

7. Jan 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
    What you need is the VDD2UNNB switch. It comes with independently wired amber LEDs. The problem is I don't see it on their site anymore. You can contact them and ask them if they still sell it.

8. Jan 13, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
  9. Jan 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    I'm just trying to make sure I get the right switch. I originally wanted to use a fog light switch factory but found out I couldnt.

10. Jan 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    ok. so this is what i was talking about.... i received my switches from otrattw. I plugged it up with my wiring harness for light bar and just like i thought was going to happen. The bottom switch is wired with the dash light but the top light only comes on when the bar is it. which i want the top including the bottom to be lit up only when dashlights came on.

11. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    Just so I understand correctly, you have two lights in your switch. One which is on only when your light bar is on and one that is on only with the dash lights. So in order for both to be lit up your headlights and led bar would have to be on correct? And you want the entire switch to light up with the dash?

12. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    yes correct.

13. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    You need to make a jumper that connects the AC to the correct tab on the back of the switch. Post a pic so We can see what you got there son.

Craig

14. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    JWaldz

JWaldz It puts the Joe Dirt in the hole

Member:
    First Name:
    Waldo
    Colo Springs
    Vehicle:
    99 4Runner LTD
    Why would you want both lights in the switch to be on all the time? You would then have no (interior) indication that the switch is on. I don't think that is the way these switches work. You'd have to trick the switch into thinking it's on when it's actually not. Is it really worth all that trouble? If the switch is lit up with the dash lights and the second light in the switch only comes on when you turn it on it's doing what it's suppose to be doing.

15. Jan 18, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    Lazylegs

Lazylegs Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Southern Maryland, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Red Toyota AC Sold
    Tint (35%), a must. Step bars, Bull bar, Bull lights,4x4 light mod, Flip down 10" DVD player, De badged, Color match front emblem, color matched bumpers., black out tails, Cobra cb, Flashlight mod,bed-light mod,
    The light in my truck has two different leds. One is amber when not in use, and blue when the lights are used. OP does your switch look like mine?

005.jpg

16. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    sportzman0

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Vegas
    some what the same but different a little. i might just have to leave it how it is. like Jwaldz said. It makes sense but a light bar on the front u would know when its on. that was the only thing. but ill just leave it so i dont have to mess with the switch. and the jumper from A/C, can i just jump it off the while that goes to my fogs or the rear diff since i dont have rear diff or even a switch there..

17. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    ROGU3 PR3DATOR

ROGU3 PR3DATOR Space Shuttle Door Gunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Alamogordo, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2011 TRD Off-Road
    Lifted, Supercharged, Armored, and lots more
    Well, personally I would prefer the switch to behave as it already is, as it acts as an indicator. Especially useful in daylight. But its not my truck so yeah. Anyway the jumper would work or if you wanted you could just get a new switch. The switches that OTRATTW sells are just Carling switches. I am assuming that you went with a Contra V. so any Contra V swithc body will work with the rocker you already have. So I guess since you have the switch, a simple jumper will work, with a picture of the switch or the part number we can figure out what tabs you need to link together. Alternatively you could buy another switch. Carling makes damn near anything you could ever need a switch to do. With that said, if you wanted a different color of LED or something that is workable too.

I cant get it to work right now cause I have crappy internet, but http://www.carlingtech.com/configurit is a tool that lets you build the exact switch you want. Or at least tells you the part number. Then its just up to you and google to find one. I ordered a few of these a little while back, but they were on 5 week backorder, probably because they had to make them. But I digress.

If you wanted a new switch I think the part number would be V1D1ENNB or V1D1DNNB which would integrate the circuit you want directly into the switch, but since I cant seem to find those on google, V1D1KNNB should also work as both leds are independently wired from the switch. all you would need to do is tie the power side of each of them to the power for your dash lights and you should be good to go. Those part numbers are for a SPST two position switch with amber LEDs The two "N"s denote the led color. You could also get red by replacing them with "C" or you can get superbright green or red by replacing them with "H" or "T" respectively.

Source for that is here on page 13:
    http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/default/files/documents/V-Series_Details_%26_COS_a.pdf

18. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    XPOTRON

XPOTRON Is LIVE on the GRID.

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Chandler, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    IG: @ST3F3NS
    DUROBUMPS Use TRON10 for 10% Off & Free Shipping
    love it! i was waiting for someone to do that! id get the same colors as well :D

19. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:43 AM
    dustin81

dustin81 DUSTOFF

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 TaCo Lifted TRD
    PRO COMP 6" Lift Stage II PRO COMP 2.75" Coilovers PRO COMP MX-6 shocks PRO COMP skid plate Bushwacker Fender Flares Smittybuilt Chrome Steps KC Chrome 6" SLIMLITES Billet Custom Grill JDM window vent visors Window Tint Flowmaster TRD CAI
  20. Jan 18, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    Gus 524

Gus 524 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    MN
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma SR5 4WD 4-cylinder
    That's so badass!

Products Discussed in

To Top