Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

OTRATTW Switch

Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
sportzman0 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tim
sportzman0's Tacoma Gallery
OTRATTW Switch

Ok so i have a light bar and looking to get an OTRATTW switch for it. the wires coming off the relay have 3 wires. A white(+), a black(-), and a blue(neutral? not sure). the blue and white have to make contact for the led light bar to turn on. Wondering what body i would need with the switch to power the light. Would like the switch lights to light up as well but not sure if i have enough wires going to it. Please share

P.s. the rocker switch i want is the offroad switch or the zombie light switch.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Please Help!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
JabbaJabbaJabba
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
They come with a diagram don't they? I have an otrattw stick for my light bar, and my switch lights up.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
Yes but I want to make sure I order the correct body for the switch. I want the switch to still light up and when I turn on, the light bar comes on. Just don't want to order the wrong switch with body and find out I can't use it like I want.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares
Drunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrunknsloth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Retribution
Drunknsloth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportzman0 View Post
Yes but I want to make sure I order the correct body for the switch. I want the switch to still light up and when I turn on, the light bar comes on. Just don't want to order the wrong switch with body and find out I can't use it like I want.
What you need is the VDD2UNNB switch. It comes with independently wired amber LEDs. The problem is I don't see it on their site anymore. You can contact them and ask them if they still sell it.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #8
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://otrattw.com/products.php?cat=21

Pretty much any of the ones on this page should work. What exactly are you not clear on?
Old 01-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #9
I'm just trying to make sure I get the right switch. I originally wanted to use a fog light switch factory but found out I couldnt.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #10
ok. so this is what i was talking about.... i received my switches from otrattw. I plugged it up with my wiring harness for light bar and just like i thought was going to happen. The bottom switch is wired with the dash light but the top light only comes on when the bar is it. which i want the top including the bottom to be lit up only when dashlights came on.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #11
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Just so I understand correctly, you have two lights in your switch. One which is on only when your light bar is on and one that is on only with the dash lights. So in order for both to be lit up your headlights and led bar would have to be on correct? And you want the entire switch to light up with the dash?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGU3 PR3DATOR View Post
Just so I understand correctly, you have two lights in your switch. One which is on only when your light bar is on and one that is on only with the dash lights. So in order for both to be lit up your headlights and led bar would have to be on correct? And you want the entire switch to light up with the dash?
yes correct.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #13
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
You need to make a jumper that connects the AC to the correct tab on the back of the switch. Post a pic so We can see what you got there son.

Craig
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM   #14
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you want both lights in the switch to be on all the time? You would then have no (interior) indication that the switch is on. I don't think that is the way these switches work. You'd have to trick the switch into thinking it's on when it's actually not. Is it really worth all that trouble? If the switch is lit up with the dash lights and the second light in the switch only comes on when you turn it on it's doing what it's suppose to be doing.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 AM   #15
Lazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shedLazylegs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Lazylegs's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Lazylegs
The light in my truck has two different leds. One is amber when not in use, and blue when the lights are used. OP does your switch look like mine?
Attached Thumbnails
OTRATTW Switch-005.jpg  
Old 01-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
some what the same but different a little. i might just have to leave it how it is. like Jwaldz said. It makes sense but a light bar on the front u would know when its on. that was the only thing. but ill just leave it so i dont have to mess with the switch. and the jumper from A/C, can i just jump it off the while that goes to my fogs or the rear diff since i dont have rear diff or even a switch there..
Old 01-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
ROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shedROGU3 PR3DATOR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: EOD Tech
Name: Jake
ROGU3 PR3DATOR's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
You need to make a jumper that connects the AC to the correct tab on the back of the switch. Post a pic so We can see what you got there son.

Craig
Well, personally I would prefer the switch to behave as it already is, as it acts as an indicator. Especially useful in daylight. But its not my truck so yeah. Anyway the jumper would work or if you wanted you could just get a new switch. The switches that OTRATTW sells are just Carling switches. I am assuming that you went with a Contra V. so any Contra V swithc body will work with the rocker you already have. So I guess since you have the switch, a simple jumper will work, with a picture of the switch or the part number we can figure out what tabs you need to link together. Alternatively you could buy another switch. Carling makes damn near anything you could ever need a switch to do. With that said, if you wanted a different color of LED or something that is workable too.

I cant get it to work right now cause I have crappy internet, but http://www.carlingtech.com/configurit is a tool that lets you build the exact switch you want. Or at least tells you the part number. Then its just up to you and google to find one. I ordered a few of these a little while back, but they were on 5 week backorder, probably because they had to make them. But I digress.

If you wanted a new switch I think the part number would be V1D1ENNB or V1D1DNNB which would integrate the circuit you want directly into the switch, but since I cant seem to find those on google, V1D1KNNB should also work as both leds are independently wired from the switch. all you would need to do is tie the power side of each of them to the power for your dash lights and you should be good to go. Those part numbers are for a SPST two position switch with amber LEDs The two "N"s denote the led color. You could also get red by replacing them with "C" or you can get superbright green or red by replacing them with "H" or "T" respectively.

Source for that is here on page 13:
http://www.carlingtech.com/sites/def..._%26_COS_a.pdf
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #18
RINZLER
T4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shedT4C0CH40S is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Stefen
T4C0CH40S's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazylegs View Post
The light in my truck has two different leds. One is amber when not in use, and blue when the lights are used. OP does your switch look like mine?
love it! i was waiting for someone to do that! id get the same colors as well
Old 01-18-2013, 11:51 AM   #20
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin81 View Post

That's so badass!