Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Ijdmtoy switchbacks

Old 01-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
RipVanDango is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st MLG, Engineer Maint. Co. (04-08)
Name: Cody
RipVanDango's Tacoma Gallery
Ijdmtoy switchbacks

Ijdmtoy led switchbacks, dtrl replacement.

I'm not sure if anyone has used these besides me, but I'm having an issue with them draining the battery. I have different ideas as to why but haven't been able to actually test or isolate the problem. I have just noticed lately that the auto start takes several tries to get the truck started and then the normal
Key turnover is not the usually strong instant start up on the first turn over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2hl...e_gdata_player

The switchbacks work great, they are bright, the work properly, it's just weird that something like that would cause such a huge drain. Anyone have any ideas?

They do not illuminate on their own when the truck is off either.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Stockmonester is on a distinguished road
Name: Nick
Stockmonester's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stockmonester
Im looking into getting these to from diodedynamic.com . You could email them see what they say.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #3
Khmer Member
tacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacowestley is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
tacowestley's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanDango View Post
Ijdmtoy led switchbacks, dtrl replacement.

I'm not sure if anyone has used these besides me, but I'm having an issue with them draining the battery. I have different ideas as to why but haven't been able to actually test or isolate the problem. I have just noticed lately that the auto start takes several tries to get the truck started and then the normal
Key turnover is not the usually strong instant start up on the first turn over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc2hl...e_gdata_player

The switchbacks work great, they are bright, the work properly, it's just weird that something like that would cause such a huge drain. Anyone have any ideas?

They do not illuminate on their own when the truck is off either.
i got a set of switchbacks as well...how did you wire them up?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
RipVanDango is on a distinguished road
Marines: 1st MLG, Engineer Maint. Co. (04-08)
Name: Cody
RipVanDango's Tacoma Gallery
Only wiring was tapping the resistors in. Other than those the LEDs plugged straight in. Also I tapped the resistors into the tail lights because it means less crap under the hood to look at, also I was feeling lazy and didn't want to get my meter to figure out which wire was the hot, since there are 3 coming in.