1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any tricks to changing corner lights on a 98?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jaren1512, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Jan 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    Jaren1512

Jaren1512 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaren
    Tualatin
    Vehicle:
    '98 Tacoma v6 SR5
    Deck plate mod, all chrome plasti dipped, 32" BFGs, fogs, 3" bilstein coilover 5100s/5150s in the rear, manaflow exhaust, smoked tail lights, rooftop lightbar, upgraded alpine sound.
    Hey so my passenger corner light just went out. I went and got the bulb for it, popped the hood, and turned around to grab my laptop. Whats the trick to this? Looked all over TW and couldnt find anything. Thanks!

2. Jan 14, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    Jaren1512

Jaren1512 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jaren
    Tualatin
    Vehicle:
    '98 Tacoma v6 SR5
    Deck plate mod, all chrome plasti dipped, 32" BFGs, fogs, 3" bilstein coilover 5100s/5150s in the rear, manaflow exhaust, smoked tail lights, rooftop lightbar, upgraded alpine sound.
    OK, I found the trick. I basically just remove the screw and then standing BEHIND the corner lense (facing toward where the truck is pointing) I hit the lense with the palm of my hand pushing it forward. Prying it off is much more difficult. Sounds a little brutal, but you'll see what I'm saying when you try it. Don't be worried about breaking anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top