Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Condensation in headlamp assembly

Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
pitacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
pitacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Condensation in headlamp assembly

So I have picked up condensation inside my headlamp and found out my dust seal wasn't seated properly. Does anyone know if just keeping the headlight on will evaporate the condensation or am I going to have to do something else to get the condensation out?
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitacoma View Post
So I have picked up condensation inside my headlamp and found out my dust seal wasn't seated properly. Does anyone know if just keeping the headlight on will evaporate the condensation or am I going to have to do something else to get the condensation out?
Prolly gunna have to bake them......

Once u get it out tho, theretrofitsource has new boots u can buy.....call and tell them what u need
Old 01-16-2013, 05:17 AM   #3
357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed357sig is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: dough boy
357sig's Tacoma Gallery
Take the headlight off the truck and get either a blow dryer or heat gun and blow hot air where the light bulb goes. Takes it away. As far as the dust boot, I dint have one and mine dont have any condensation at any given time. Might look for a crack or rock chip somewhere
Old 01-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #4
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
After I done my retro (over two years ago) I didn't even bother putting my dust covers on. No worries, no water.