Notices

hot wire hook up for led in footwells 2012

Old 01-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
tac268 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: transportation
Name: Henry
tac268's Tacoma Gallery
hot wire hook up for led in footwells 2012

Looking for a reliable hook up for two led lights for passenger and driver footwell for my 2012 tacoma dc trd. what is your input. something simple. not much electrically inclined. thanks
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
tac268's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
Connect it your fuse box in the cab. Can add a switch if you want control of them.
so just use a common ground for the black wire and how would i install the hot wires into the fuse box?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
tac268's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tac268 View Post
so just use a common ground for the black wire and how would i install the hot wires into the fuse box?
i thought about buying a fuse tap to use to be more stable. what do you think?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
FastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud ofFastEddie has much to be proud of

FastEddie's Tacoma Gallery
i used an add-a-fuse.

this thread might be helpful for you:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ed-lights.html
Old 01-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #7
tac268's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR007 View Post
Yea ground the negative to your frame. You can get a fuse splicer that I've seen on here but I usually just let the wires the hole with the fuse.

Yes fuse tap would be best
ok. thanks. You have been a great help. Thankyou.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #8
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Here's what I did just last Saturday:

Mounted an LED module using double-sided tape to the side of plastic venting under each foot well.

Something similar to this:

Ran wires through center of console to HVAC controls and tapped them into the dash light wires.

This may be a bit more involved than you're interested in - but I think it would be a fairly simple project for most.
Old 01-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #9
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
I added someone for those timesi drop stuff on the floor a night...they're tapped into my parking light fuse by an add a fuse
Also have a switch to turn on whenever I want
Old 01-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #10
6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
6spd's Tacoma Gallery
how to tie in with the door ajar switch?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #11
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6spd View Post
how to tie in with the door ajar switch?
Easy, negative to ground and positive tapped to the plug right under the dash
Old 01-07-2014, 04:53 PM   #12
JDK12688 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jay
JDK12688's Tacoma Gallery
in the ac control cluster which is the hot wire?