Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Help with mini d2s and xb led halo

Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #21
XXFattyHunterXX is on a distinguished road
XXFattyHunterXX's Tacoma Gallery
I think trs sell the relay kit to save you the trouble. I'm a total electrical noob.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
Hey fellas how do U tap the led rings to DTRL?
I am a electrical retard.... And pics will be way better than describing lol
Old 09-16-2013, 09:37 AM   #23
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Help with mini d2s and xb led halo

I just used t-taps into the black(ground) wire, and green (power) wire from the dtrl. That keeps them on all the time and with blinker. Use the yellow wire if you want to be able to manually turn them on with dtrl and parking lights. Mine are mounted inside the shroud. You can use epoxy , or drill tiny holes and fish thin garden wire through to tie them in to keep them from possibly falling off, or do both. TRS has some videos on youtube showing how they do it.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #24
i'll get some pictures tomorrow!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #26
flatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to beholdflatfeet is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: Rob
flatfeet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahshiet View Post
I did the wire way to hold the halo to the shroud with jewelry wire how's yours holding up? I still have to finish mine
I used the black rubber butyl the kind found in your door panel which holds the plastic weather covering on. Works like a charm, and super clean install. Its stuck on there pretty good!
Old 09-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #27
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfeet View Post
I used the black rubber butyl the kind found in your door panel which holds the plastic weather covering on. Works like a charm, and super clean install. Its stuck on there pretty good!
Thanks man!

Yeah I wish I put something back there between the halo and shroud might have to cut the wire and apply some just incase I try to be a prerunner lol I attached the halo and masked them off and sprayed the shroud and the side of the halo all black so it doesn't have the silver showing from the side of the halo or the wire
Old 09-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #28
I used silicon glue for mine, no problem at all!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #29
fenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nicefenderpicks is just really nice
fenderpicks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXFattyHunterXX View Post
i'll get some pictures tomorrow!

Hey man, think u can get some pics of how u tapped the halos?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #30
sorry i've been busy, but problem is i already taped mine up, but this link will help.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...-retrofit.html

if you have a 2012 model with drl and want to tap into the drl for halo, dont touch the green wire, negative halo wire go to black, positive goes into other color besides black. For parking light tap, positive goes with black and positive goes to color. I think quick splice is what i'm using.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #31
Ahshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedAhshiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahshiet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slesse View Post
I was thinking about this last night as I want independent control of the halos and I don't necessarily was them on with the stock DTRL and I don't want them as turn signals either. Since my truck came with DTRL I was going to do the stealth mode mod, so I can manually disable them and keep them as turn signals. Then I was going to power a relay with the power wire for the headlights and hook up the halos to the 87a terminal (normally closed), that way the halos will automatically go off when my head lights come on.
This is what I have planned for my halos just need to figure out how to wire it never really messed with relays too much

Old 10-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #32
trd666 is on a distinguished road
trd666's Tacoma Gallery
here is a great method
take a piece of copper wire and pull a couple strands out
drill a couple holes and feed the wire around the halo
worked like a hot damn
Attached Thumbnails
Help with mini d2s and xb led halo-20131020_095251.jpg