Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What should I go with??

Old 01-17-2013, 09:02 PM   #1
m.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
Name: Adam
m.reed.1's Tacoma Gallery
What should I go with??

Looking for lights. Should i go with the KC Apollo 100watt lights that come with everything. Een stone guards 120.00$ for my hood or the cheaper pro comp. 55w 19.00$ and it comes with nothing. Just one light sold individually. And another question. Should I get driving lights or long range. I want the beams to sit above where my headlights hit. Thanks!!
Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
driving lights.........unless ur doing all out high speed runs, then ur gunna need a combo....really tho, driving pattern should be fine, Ive never outrun my lightforce (driving pattern)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
All depends on what you are wanting to do.

If they are for additional illumination while off-road and you are planning some fast desert driving then DRIVING LIGHTS with their further reach may be best for you. If modest speed at night look at the PIAA lights with their ATP light pattern as they have wider beams but still good reach. If you are going slow over rugged terrain a wide pattern FOG LIGHT can be best. There are lots of brands and prices from $75 a pair for Hella 500 lights to $700 and more for a pair of the best HID lights.

Also round lights from 4" in diameter to 9" in diameter, Rectangular lights and the newer LED lights come in rectanguls bars as well as round and square.

I have a pair of PIAA 580 Driving Lights mounted in front of my grille, and am looking for some wide pattern lights for trail riding and perhaps some more wide pattern lights facing rearward for working around the truck and camp set-up.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
m.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant futurem.reed.1 has a brilliant future

Air Force:
bump. im trying to decide should i go with the cheaper pro comp and have to buy the wires or buy the kit from KC? and i am thinking i will get the driving lights, its more of a pattern
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #5
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I went cheap on my old truck, the lights were not very bright and the patterns were different from each other. If you really want a decent pattern buy at least Hella 500 in my opinion. KC Daylighters are good but I don't know about KC Appolo so I cannot speculate on their quality or value.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #6

Air Force:
gotcha. the only thing with the hella 500 is they are too big. it would look like micky mouse ears on my taco's hood, now for the front hella 500's would be awesome
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
i never thought of mounting them on hood.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #9
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
What about an LED bar? Sure you may pay a little more but it's less voltage and more light.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #10
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDell View Post
LightForce

hella 500's are junk.

I had four of them, so I'm not blowing smoke
I've heard that before.....id ask what people thought and they said they loved em, then id ask how far they throw and the reply was....."as far as my high beams"....I never understood the point with hellas if they don't surpass the highbeams u already have.
Maybe they are badass with an hid setup in them tho?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #11

Air Force:
I'll def post pics when them get it mounted.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #12

Air Force:
Installed today

Old 01-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #13
Wheels With Moose.
NMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNMW 4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Walt
NMW 4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Have any pictures of the whole truck with them on? How about pictures from the driver's seat? I'd like to see if they obstruct your view.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:00 PM   #14

Air Force:
no pic from driver seat yet, they dont get in the way at all! they def. help and i'll probably be upgrading them to a 100w bulb

Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #15
AZDesertTRD is on a distinguished road

Name: Pamela
AZDesertTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I like! I've been tossing this idea around for awhile. I'd like to see a shot from the drivers seat as well and another shot straight on and even from the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.reed.1 View Post
no pic from driver seat yet, they dont get in the way at all! they def. help and i'll probably be upgrading them to a 100w bulb

Old 01-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #16

Air Force:
Will do. I'll get a few more shots on here tomorrow. If y'all have any questions about any of it pm me