Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

just ordered PIAA Xtreme bulbs

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #1
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic
Name: Jason
Detective_Dan's Tacoma Gallery
just ordered PIAA Xtreme bulbs

when my headlight bulbs burn out, i try to find different lights to replace with than previous to try out different styles and find the brightest, best, most reliable etc. etc.

i had the philips xtreme bulbs for 2.5 years with no issues but i had one go out on me tonight. not bad for $28. they were much brighter than stock but dimmer than an HID.

link:
http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9003-X...lips+xtreme+h4

i picked these up to see how long they last, if theyre brighter, and possibly more reliable. all the reviews are great on them, except a couple that are comparing them to HID's. cant really do that because they are not HID's. apples to oranges but whatever. also a few people are incorectly installing them by touching the glass which we all know is a big no no. when ive had them in a week or two ill probably do a writeupand try to put up the pros/cons

link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
They are a brighter light than stock and I have run them a couple times. But the last set I ran I only got about 8 months out of them. SO I went back to the Walmart Sylvania's which I get about 2 years out of. I drive a lot at nite since I work nite shift. So I go thru bulbs a lot. I got my PIAA's from amazon as well. Hope you get good life out of them. I used rubber gloves to install mine so I wasnt getting finger prints on them. I mite take a look at those other bulbs you were running.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #3
Bam-Ba-Lam
Detective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shedDetective_Dan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco084gb View Post
They are a brighter light than stock and I have run them a couple times. But the last set I ran I only got about 8 months out of them. SO I went back to the Walmart Sylvania's which I get about 2 years out of. I drive a lot at nite since I work nite shift. So I go thru bulbs a lot. I got my PIAA's from amazon as well. Hope you get good life out of them. I used rubber gloves to install mine so I wasnt getting finger prints on them. I mite take a look at those other bulbs you were running.
Yea I work swing shift as a ground support equipment mechanic so I do a lot of night driving as well. The Philips bulbs were great but I like to test different products. All the reviews seemed good and everybody seems to get different life spans out of the exact same bulbs. Maybe just a luck of the draw type deal
Old 01-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #4
Bam-Ba-Lam

Well hopefully I get some good life out of them
Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I had both the Philips Xtreme and the PIAA Xtreme White bulbs and liked the PIAAs better. They seemed to give me more usable light and the high beams were great. I had them for a little over a year and only got rid of them because I went to a retrofit. I'll never go back to halogens again but if I had to, I'd definitely buy the PIAAs again.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #6
Bam-Ba-Lam

so i just finished installing these piaa bulbs and all i gotta say is WOW

they make even the philips bulbs look like a giant turd lol

i hope i get a good lifespan out of them cause they are BRIGHT!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #7
Bam-Ba-Lam

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
i miss mine
I'm glad I bought them
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #8
3ps14 is on a distinguished road

3ps14's Tacoma Gallery
I bought some Hellas 80/100w bulbs and I couldn't be happier with the brightness and beam distance.

Products Discussed in this Thread