Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Retrofits on Amazon?

Old 01-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #1
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofits on Amazon?

So i was browsing Amazon and came across these...

http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Retrofi...tor+headlights

Already retrofitted headlights for a lot cheaper than i have seen elsewhere. I am assuming they are not the same Morimoto minis H1's but does anyone know anything about these?
Or have them installed?
Old 01-18-2013, 12:59 AM   #2
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.modifystreet.com/

This is who's making them, I'd give them a call and see what the deal is. Seems legit though, they do sell the h1's already.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 AM   #4
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't that Han's truck?!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Isn't that Han's truck?!
Sure does look like its twin if its not.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:47 AM   #6
fyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud of

Firefighter: CFD
Name: Pat
fyremanpat's Tacoma Gallery
ive got a question and I havent seen anybody mention it but do you lose your hi beam with retro kits?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:55 AM   #7
t4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4daddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t4daddy's Tacoma Gallery
No, you have both high and low beam lighting.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #8
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they do sell the h1's already.
All H1 refers to is the bulb style. Those are knockoff projectors-not Morimoto minis. It also looks like crap ballasts. It also looks like they stole pictures of members trucks as well. I would do it right and go with TRS.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #9
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone pm'd hans to let him know his picture is being used? I dont know if hes still active last i saw he was looking to sell the truck actually.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:34 AM   #10
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Lol my truck is on there too.. wtf
Old 01-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #11
sebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to behold

Marines: CPL
Name: kevin
sebassusmc's Tacoma Gallery
they want $479 for some thing you can do for $250 ish. just buy the kit from a GB as long as you do d2s or h1 kits its easy
Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 AM   #12
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
That company seems like a bunch of dirt bags. They have pictures advertising 2 trucks that they didn't complete the retrofit for. Hans also doesn't have the H1's, he had the FX-R and then the LS-460's. He also had another company do the work for him, not modifystreet. Completely false advertising. I wouldn't give them any money without knowing who made the projectors and what HID kit came with it. There are a lot of cheap projectors on the market these days.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 AM   #13
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebassusmc View Post
they want $479 for some thing you can do for $250 ish. just buy the kit from a GB as long as you do d2s or h1 kits its easy
When i have added up the mini H1s on the website my cost gets pretty close to that 479. but thats prob with my factoring in buying some used headlights (just in case)

I just want something better than the crappy egay and amazon projectors commonly bought.

but the mini H1s are a lot of money while i'm going to school.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:32 AM   #14

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That company seems like a bunch of dirt bags. They have pictures advertising 2 trucks that they didn't complete the retrofit for. Hans also doesn't have the H1's, he had the FX-R and then the LS-460's. He also had another company do the work for him, not modifystreet. Completely false advertising. I wouldn't give them any money without knowing who made the projectors and what HID kit came with it. There are a lot of cheap projectors on the market these days.
Well that seems like a good reason not to buy from them. If they don't even have their picture of the product they are advertising. I'm sure they just got the pictures off google images. but still.. just makes it sketchy.

If i had a great product i would want multiple pictures of the exact product.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
Ghost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGhost848 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
Ghost848's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at those too... maybe someone should call em on the bs pics and tell them to post real pics....
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #16
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Already sent them an email, couldn't find a phone number.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #17

Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Already sent them an email, couldn't find a phone number.
Let us know what they say!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #18
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
All H1 refers to is the bulb style. Those are knockoff projectors-not Morimoto minis. It also looks like crap ballasts. It also looks like they stole pictures of members trucks as well. I would do it right and go with TRS.
Ah that's true, my mistake, didn't notice the members truck. Shady.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #19
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen that a lot with shadier companies stealing pics of vehicles from forums to use in ads.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM   #20
sebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to beholdsebassusmc is a splendid one to behold

Marines: CPL
Name: kevin
sebassusmc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
When i have added up the mini H1s on the website my cost gets pretty close to that 479. but thats prob with my factoring in buying some used headlights (just in case)

I just want something better than the crappy egay and amazon projectors commonly bought.

but the mini H1s are a lot of money while i'm going to school.
i paid $240 with the GB, i get that you don't want to pay the big money. At the same time that your paying for an awesome product but also customer service. you call they answer no bull shit like every other hid place. ill always go to TRS