Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hids

Old 02-03-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
RDAY is on a distinguished road
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
Hids

I am looking for a HID kit plug and play with high/lows does anyone know of any cheap places to order and is there gonna be anymore group buys on these?
Are 6000k the brighters there are?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Poodoo
luk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shedluk8272 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
luk8272's Tacoma Gallery
The 6000k are the whitest, as the numbers get larger the colors go from white to blue, then Purple. Thats my take on it. I have the 6000k and love them. Look in the buy/sell/trade section I thought I saw some for sale there. The kits you find on here will likely all be plug and play, shoult take 30min to an hour to install depending on how OCD you are. Mine took me about 45min.

Check here pm this guy.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...000k-60-a.html
Old 02-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Pm slimcubby to see whats up with a groupbuy i have 6000k hid offroad lights and they are nice!
Old 02-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
6,000k has a blue tinge... for really white light, go for 4,300k
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, 4300K or 5000K for white bulbs. 6000K will have a slight blue tint to them.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #7
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
the whiter the brighter right? also are the ones on ebay less than 100 are they plug and play?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Better contact the dealer before you buy get the pnp ones
Old 02-06-2009, 01:55 PM   #9
RDAY's Tacoma Gallery
were slimcubbys plug&play?
Old 02-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDAY View Post
were slimcubbys plug&play?
Yes.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:06 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I'm in the same boat as you are. Hey Delmarva, I was looking at getting a 6000k setup. Now I hate when there's to much blue but I like it when there's just a hint of blue like the BMW and Lexus's HID's. Are those around the 6000k marker?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:45 PM   #12
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

apkarian100's Tacoma Gallery
The only way you are really going to get that "hint of blue" like all those BMWs and such is with a projector retrofit. Otherwise, you are stuck one solid color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Hey I'm in the same boat as you are. Hey Delmarva, I was looking at getting a 6000k setup. Now I hate when there's to much blue but I like it when there's just a hint of blue like the BMW and Lexus's HID's. Are those around the 6000k marker?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #14
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

All right I just said screw it and got a kit off of ebay. 55W, 6,000K rating!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:08 PM   #15
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
All right I just said screw it and got a kit off of ebay. 55W, 6,000K rating!
Gotta link?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:11 PM   #16
Lieutenant Dan.

Yeah try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350148810111

Tell me what you guys think. Well I guess it's to late since I already bought them!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #17
bite me

I think you may have overpaid a bit, he says they're digital ballasts, but they look like the regular ones, I thought digital ballasts were thinner. Also, you should have gotten one with a wiring harness that draws power directly from the battery rather from the OEM stock headlight socket. By drawing directly from the battery it puts less stress on the stock headlight harness.

Just my 2 pennies worth, take it with a grain of salt.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #18
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

Very nice kit! You picked the right seller to purchase an aftermarket HID kit from. This seller is a great guy. I have talked to many people who are very happy with his products. His products also last a long time too and they come with a LIFETIME WARRANTY!.
Quote:
Yeah try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=350148810111

Tell me what you guys think. Well I guess it's to late since I already bought them!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #19
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
I think you may have overpaid a bit, he says they're digital ballasts, but they look like the regular ones, I thought digital ballasts were thinner. Also, you should have gotten one with a wiring harness that draws power directly from the battery rather from the OEM stock headlight socket. By drawing directly from the battery it puts less stress on the stock headlight harness.

Well it comes with a full wiring harness like it said in the auction. It also draws power directly from the battery I think because this is what he wrote me:
"The bixenon kits require use of a harness to integrate everything together and to work on all vehicles (especially yours since it is wired for negative switching). Still plug and play with the exception of one battery positive and two ground connections that just bolt right on underneath existing frame bolts. Everythign you need comes with it. 6000k is available, yes. "

Or am I wrong?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #20

He can fix it, it's not that hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Also, you should have gotten one with a wiring harness that draws power directly from the battery rather from the OEM stock headlight socket. By drawing directly from the battery it puts less stress on the stock headlight harness.