Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

questions about my new Rigid ind. dully lights

Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
So, wiring the switch/relay/lights is one thing, but the switch you posted up is only the actuator (cover piece).

That looks like a Contura V series actuator, Which will mount to a V series body (the actual switch).

These switch bodies have more possible configurations than I can name off the top of my head.

That being said, we need to know which switch body you're going to use, in order to tell you how to properly wire it.

Carling contura-v switches will generally have 8 or 10 pins on the back. For the most simple switch (SPST, on/off, no light), you'll only use two of those pins. As the switches get more intricate, you need more pins.

The switch that came with the Rigids is an SPST lighted switch.

Have you ever used www.circuitlab.com ?

This might help you show him how you wired yours. (it's free)

You may want to include the part number for the switch body so he knows which one to buy.
the switch which i just ordered says it is a V-series Contura V sealed rocker switch. if it doesnt work, i have other plans to add more lights in the future as i build my truck and can make it work with other sets of lights. worst case it was mentioned above that i can crimp new female connectors of the correct size to have it workout!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #22
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09tacorunner View Post
the switch which i just ordered says it is a V-series Contura V sealed rocker switch. if it doesnt work, i have other plans to add more lights in the future as i build my truck and can make it work with other sets of lights. worst case it was mentioned above that i can crimp new female connectors of the correct size to have it workout!

What's the part number for the switch you ordered? The first 8 digits of the carling part number will determine what switch you bought.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 PM   #23
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
What's the part number for the switch you ordered? The first 8 digits of the carling part number will determine what switch you bought.
the part number i bought is V1D1BN0B with an AMBER LED. (i went with the amber LED to have a close match of the dash lights)