Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Buying Off Road Lights

Old 01-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Buying Off Road Lights

I have 2 Hella 500FF 55W HID behind my grill right now, but would like to add something else that gives distance. I like Hella, but Lightforce 210 Genesis have also caught my eye. Is there anything that anyone recommends? I want something for distance, specifically for driving at night on dirt roads, really dark highways, etc.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
I have 2 Hella 500FF 55W HID behind my grill right now, but would like to add something else that gives distance. I like Hella, but Lightforce 210 Genesis have also caught my eye. Is there anything that anyone recommends? I want something for distance, specifically for driving at night on dirt roads, really dark highways, etc.
the genesis is a very tough light and will throw much further than the hellas (driving pattern), the reflector bowl has more surface area and for a halogen bulb they are impressive.

u can get them in HID also, but those are about 500 each iirc.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
So if I want a further distance the Genesis will do the job? Is there really going to be a difference between the wide and spot beam? Since they go such a great distance. Yeah I saw the HID ones, but a little out of my price range for now. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu15 View Post
So if I want a further distance the Genesis will do the job? Is there really going to be a difference between the wide and spot beam? Since they go such a great distance. Yeah I saw the HID ones, but a little out of my price range for now. Thanks for the help.
Yes, there will be a difference between the wide and spot beam. If you want distance, go with the spot beam. The wide beam will not throw as far.

The Lightforce products are really nice lights! I hope to get a set of the 240's when I grow up
Old 01-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Have you checked out the Wurton Lights. They are pretty nice. Offered in both Wide and Spot. Come with Clear, Amber and Black Polycarbonate covers. I can get those for you. if your interested.

http://www.wurton.com/
Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
For distance you want pencil (aka 'spot') beams ... HID of 4,300 to 5,000 degrees K in color (pure white)

The pair closet together are Hella 4000 pencil beams, converted to 35 watt HID, 5,000ºK. The pair on each side of the Hellas are Kragen HID 'Euro' beams (driving beams). The factory lights are all stock halogen...

Below are the Hellas when they were 100 watt halogen powered...