Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Brightest Head lights

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
tacomaholic is on a distinguished road
tacomaholic's Tacoma Gallery
Brightest Head lights

OK, I have a 2001 Tacoma. I'm looking to get the brightest head lights i can because i have my whole front window tinted with 35%. What would yall recommend? I have some Hella bulbs that are pretty bright but i feel like there are brighter ones out there.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #3
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
You're allowed to have your windshield tinted?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #4
No not legally but i have had it done for 4 years and never had a problem and it looks sick as hell!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Just beware of insurance consequences.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
JWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shedJWaldz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Waldo
JWaldz's Tacoma Gallery
I never understood the whole tinting the entire windshield thing, but to each his own. If you want brighter lights you're either looking at a retrofit or HID's. Just keep in mind HID's aren't the best route all the time. If you run higher wattage halogen bulbs be sure to upgrade your wiring as well. You run the risk of burning up the original wiring and possible your truck if you don't.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #7
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
Get a retro with fx projectors and 50w ballasts. That is as bright as it gets. Its not legal but neither is your front tint.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Best and brightest headlights you can get would be an LS460 retrofit but it's not easy or cheap. A more cost effective and simplier route would be the morimoto mini H1 retrofit. Not even going to comment on the tinted windshield...

Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
You could save money and time by pulling the illegal windshield tint thereby eliminating the need for brighter lights.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #10
Skewpage
chilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shedchilidogrc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rodrigo
chilidogrc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos View Post
You could save money and time by pulling the illegal windshield tint thereby eliminating the need for brighter lights.
This. Why would you hinder your ability to see through your windshield

Old 01-24-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
cuz it keeps my truck a lot cooler in the summer and on coming headlights do not blind you as bad. I can see fine up close its way out when it gets hard. If its a good dark back road i can see fine. in the city it is harder at times.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaholic View Post
cuz it keeps my truck a lot cooler in the summer and on coming headlights do not blind you as bad. I can see fine up close its way out when it gets hard. If its a good dark back road i can see fine. in the city it is harder at times.
So...You'd rather decrease your ability to see, and also blind oncomming drivers, just so you can have a tinted windshield?....Interesting enough....Im pretty sure we have a staff member who happens to be an LEO in your area. Perhaps he'll chime in.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #13
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I hate calling names, but dude, this is absolutely the dumbest reason for tinting a windshield.

>.> Quit being an idiot and peel the tint off of your damn windshield before you hurt yourself and better yet before you hurt someone else for being as foolish as to tint your windshield so you can have slightly better resistance from the sunlight. Freaking a man, human beings at time are the dumbest creatures on the planet.

/rant over.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
Good thing my wind shield is getting replaced next week due to a crack .

Old 01-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK, I have a 2001 Tacoma. I'm looking to get the brightest head lights i can because i have my whole front window tinted with 35%. What would yall recommend? I have some Hella bulbs that are pretty bright but i feel like there are brighter ones out there.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #16
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
What % of tint do you have on the windshield? My first gen Taco had 45% when I bought it and it was hardly noticeable so I never removed it. Just curious how dark you went.

Edit, Never mind Chris already answered my question. Thanks Chris4x4!

Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #17
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #18
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
IBTL

How unsafe does it have to be? OP can't see shit through his tinted windshield, now he wants HIDs to blind everyone else?

Old 01-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #19
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No not legally but i have had it done for 4 years and never had a problem and it looks sick as hell!
Yeah it will look sick as hell when you kill not only yourself but the van full of kids because you couldn't see them at night......

Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Good thing my wind shield is getting replaced next week due to a crack .
So you don't need new headlights afterall.

Closed Thread