Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Suggestions for temporary headlights

Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #1
byoshi22 is on a distinguished road
byoshi22's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions for temporary headlights

Hey everyone new tacoma owner and new to tacomaworld.com

So here is a bit of a summary. I have stock headlights currently installed but they are pretty bad (unfortunately inside and out) even with headlight restoration its not to great. I want to get new headlights all together. I have done a bit of research and what I really want are full retro fitted headlights. Unfortunately i don't have the money to drop on them at the moment. And don't trust myself enough to do it. I was looking for something cheaper as a temp replacement. I was looking spyder headlights and just resealing them with silicon(I've heard the seals are a problem) and using those for about 1-2 years or so. Any other suggestions would be great? Different brands? Different alternatives. Anything welcome.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #2
4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Running Daily is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connor
4Running Daily's Tacoma Gallery
Flashlights and duct tape.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Best you can do for a cheap fix is get an ebay set and reseal like you said. You can restore the oem ones with some sandpaper and uv clear with a buff job. I do it a lot on cars. They look like new again. If you wanted to take a ride up to yucca valley i could help ya out. about 2 hrs from you. we could do it in a day.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Hahahahaha
Old 01-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
ntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shedntilehman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Infantry
Name: Seth
ntilehman's Tacoma Gallery
Or use a headlamp
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntilehman View Post
Best you can do for a cheap fix is get an ebay set and reseal like you said. You can restore the oem ones with some sandpaper and uv clear with a buff job. I do it a lot on cars. They look like new again. If you wanted to take a ride up to yucca valley i could help ya out. about 2 hrs from you. we could do it in a day.
Once i figure out exactly what I'm doing i may take you up on that offer. THANKS!