Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Ticket for "white not red" tail lights

Old 01-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
BreezyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Ticket for "white not red" tail lights

I have clear altezza tail lights, I passed my Texas state insp. no problem. I've had them for years (2008), my wife got pulled over last night and received a ticket saying that vehicle has "white not red" tail lights??? Any ideas on new tails or how to correct the "issue"?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #2
BreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBreezyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Forgot to mention this was military(navy) police.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
cdk has a spectacular aura aboutcdk has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
cdk's Tacoma Gallery
here is the inspection criteria
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/rsd/vi/...nCriteria.aspx

Quote:
1. Inspection Procedure. Check operation and condition visually.
2. Inspect for and reject if:
a. Required lamp or lamps are not present.
b. Lamp is not securely mounted to vehicle.
c. Lamp does not completely emit a red light plainly visible 1,000 feet to the rear.
d. Lamp lens is painted, missing, discolored, or does not fit properly.
e. Wiring is shoddy or electrical connections are poor.
f. Lamp is not wired so as to be lighted when head lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted.
g. Lamp is obstructed by any part of the body.
h. Lamp lens is not red color.
i. Lamps are not mounted on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable.
j. Lamps are not mounted on rear of vehicle.
k. Lens is cracked or broken to the extent that a portion of the lens is missing and/or separated, permitting light from the bulb to emit through the crack or break.
NOTE: Lamp lenses cannot be repaired with repair tape or repair kit.
maybe 'h' is why they ticketed her?
but doesn't it have a red covering over the bulb?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:21 AM   #4
I sell fishing and fishing accessories
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
A friend of mine had clear lenses on his old truck for a while,with red bulbs..he got rear ended twice..they are not easy to see in the day.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Are they completely clear? Any pics OP?

Because these come from Toyota this way and they have clear (with some red):
Old 01-27-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
When the 09's came out with the above rear lenses, to me they did seem to look "aftermarket" or potentially "illegal" equipment. But many manufactures now offer the same equipment or look like our lenses so they should be use to seeing these?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
When the 09's came out with the above rear lenses, to me they did seem to look "aftermarket" or potentially "illegal" equipment. But many manufactures now offer the same equipment or look like our lenses so they should be use to seeing these?
I agree, I actually don't like them and prefer the originals. Anyways, I wonder if this is different from the OPs because it has some red. I have seen after market with no red what so ever.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 AM   #8
S)(AKALO)(AWAII
RMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRMAN808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Reid
RMAN808's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a pic from the OPs gallery

Old 01-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAN808 View Post

If that's the case then the way to fix it is put the stock tail lights back in...

Most states at least require that the tail lights at least reflect red.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #10
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Why would he install those regardless of the law?
Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 AM   #12
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, they are pretty clear. I didn't know this was a law OP, but the only thing to do is change them out some red ones.

Although a law, I see them everywhere here, my guess is the MP who pulled you over had nothing else to do on laid back Corpus Christi afternoon. Ebay time!
Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Those are ricerific.

Matt
Old 01-27-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
Navy:
I bought these back in '08 I like em, the bulbs are red. I bought them bc the wifey backed into a fence and broke the oem ones. Gotta save some cash gonna get some led ones.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/VI/lighting.htm

According to this I'm in the green.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #15
ornithology is on a distinguished road

ornithology's Tacoma Gallery
well that sucks.. sorry to hear!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #16
Navy:
Ticket got thrown out
Old 01-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #17
Me Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMe Likey TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stan
Me Likey TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyTaco View Post
Ticket got thrown out
Fantastic! It would have been a shame to have to have replaced them. I think that they look great.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:39 AM   #18
the Nightman cometh!

jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyTaco View Post
Ticket got thrown out
Good to hear.