Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

HID Help

Old 01-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
DPCardoza is on a distinguished road
DPCardoza's Tacoma Gallery
HID Help

2 problems that i need a hand with
1. Installed hid fog lights and they turn off when i use my high beam. No recolection as to whether or not it did this before, but i just noticed.
2. Installing a new H1 retrofit and have no high beams. They dont turn off, just dont go to high. Switched the blue and white wires on the input per instructions but its still a no go. Any other ideas?
Darren
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Factory function of the fog lights will turn them off when the high beams are turned on. With HID's, I'd do the fog light anytime mod so they stay on when the high beams are cycled so as not to wear out the ballast and bulbs quickly.

As for the high beam issue, you might have a stuck solenoid. Did you confirm that the solenoids cycled properly before you sealed them up?
Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
I'm curious to see why they're stuck on low. Sub'd
Old 01-26-2013, 07:28 PM   #4
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
when you say retrofit you are meaning you bought projectors for your headlights correct?

Interesting enough when I installed my morimoto h1 projectors i no longer lose fogs when i turn my high beams on
Old 01-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Also, check to see if your high beam fuse is still in tact, not blown. Double check all your connections, make sure everything is hooked up correctly, all fuses in tact and that you're getting power to all the places that you should. I would guess that the solenoid is frozen. I had a similar issue with my H1 projectors.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Factory function of the fog lights will turn them off when the high beams are turned on. With HID's, I'd do the fog light anytime mod so they stay on when the high beams are cycled so as not to wear out the ballast and bulbs quickly.

As for the high beam issue, you might have a stuck solenoid. Did you confirm that the solenoids cycled properly before you sealed them up?
Unfortunately no I didnt check before sealing them. For what its worth, neither headlight highbeams are working. I tested the lights before sealing them, just didnt think of checking highbeam function.
This is the H1 morimoto kit from theretrofitsource.com
Old 01-27-2013, 12:18 PM   #7
How do you troubleshoot a stuck solenoid? Everything else checks out fine.