Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Fog lense plastic or polycarbonate

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
DPCardoza is on a distinguished road
DPCardoza's Tacoma Gallery
Fog lense plastic or polycarbonate

I can't find translucent glass paint and want my fogs painted yellow. I though using hobby paint might work as they are all translucent. They make some for plastic models and for lexan but each say not to use it on the other.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...pray-Paint-3oz
or
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...pray-Paint-3oz
Old 01-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Big Head
BigHeadTaco's Tacoma Gallery
headlightarmor.com
Old 01-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #3
looks very cool. might have to try them. Have any experience with them or just a fan?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #4
GFY
BigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud ofBigHeadTaco has much to be proud of

I've used the foglight ones on my WRX. They have held up excellent for a year, they are decently thick. Not expensive either, you shouldn't be disappointed
Old 01-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #5
Toyota Technician
That Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud ofThat Dude Tim has much to be proud of

That Dude Tim's Tacoma Gallery
are you painting your lenses for looks or function? I have had these for over 2 years now and love them. Just take off the red rings on the factory bulbs and put them on these (different size). Usually theses are $18 on amazon though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ADQKP9UDINKC9
Old 01-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Dude Tim View Post
are you painting your lenses for looks or function? I have had these for over 2 years now and love them. Just take off the red rings on the factory bulbs and put them on these (different size). Usually theses are $18 on amazon though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ADQKP9UDINKC9
Function. Choices Choices.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #7
I went ahead and bought the ones from headlight armor. Overall they seemed pretty thick and should be durable. The biggest problem I had was that because the fogs are convex I couldn't get them totally smooth so there was a wrinkle in them. I tried heat but just couldn't get it out.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
GFY

Looks good man

Products Discussed in this Thread