Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

How do I access the tail lights for bulb change?

Old 02-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
How do I access the tail lights for bulb change?

I got some LED back up lights, but how do I access the bulb of the tail lights?
Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
You will find two 10mm screws on the side of the taillights when the tailgate is down. remove them and pull straight out towards back of truck.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #3
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
It won't come out after I unscrewed the two 10 mm screws. The light pod seems to still be hung up on something at the inside fender area.

What now?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Pull harder (really)... it's got these nipple things on the tail light that goes into the body.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:46 PM   #5
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
So if I pull those nipple things out, and it takes that much force, will they plug back in and will it sit right when I put it back?
Old 02-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
yup...

Once you get it off, it will all become clear... just pull straight out...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #7
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
yup...

Once you get it off, it will all become clear... just pull straight out...

YOU'RE THE MAN! MAN.

It worked as you said. The LED sucks though. Dimmer than the stock back up lights.

I'm putting the PUTCO 360 lights on my brake lights in the future.