1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fog light anytime problem.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by smurf taco, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Feb 3, 2013 at 12:51 PM
    smurf taco

smurf taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    speedway blue 09 prerunner sport 2wd
    brite ass led headlights and fogs, fuel hostage wheels, mellow tone dual exhaust, black westin bull bar, go rhino nerf bars, toyota neoprene black and blue seat covers, image dynamics door speakers all around, Bilsteins 5100s all around set at 0 with maxtrac spindles and eibach coils and total chaos UCAs with OCtaco brakelines all around and all pro expo leafs in the rear running 295/70/17 cooper ST Maxx, cobra cb radio w/ 3ft fire stik, bed lights, jvc double din head unit, AC in cab mod, AFE CAI...more mods to come
    so i did the fog light anytime problem and i followed the directions and everything went fine except when i went to test it. i completely lost my fog light and it woudnt turn on at all with the head lights on or off. i have a 2009 trd sport dblcb LB. so i decided to say f*** it and put it back to the way it was and then all of the sudden my check engine light is on along with traction control? will this turn off after driving some miles or what?

2. Feb 3, 2013 at 5:51 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    brite ass led headlights and fogs, fuel hostage wheels, mellow tone dual exhaust, black westin bull bar, go rhino nerf bars, toyota neoprene black and blue seat covers, image dynamics door speakers all around, Bilsteins 5100s all around set at 0 with maxtrac spindles and eibach coils and total chaos UCAs with OCtaco brakelines all around and all pro expo leafs in the rear running 295/70/17 cooper ST Maxx, cobra cb radio w/ 3ft fire stik, bed lights, jvc double din head unit, AC in cab mod, AFE CAI...more mods to come
  3. Feb 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    Blackshirts

Blackshirts Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner-Totaled. 2016 SR5 Blue DC
    Stuff
    Check fog fuse first.

Second try unhooking your battery for 15 mins.. May need to get code pulled and system flashed. But it sounds like you tapped into the wrong wire.

4. Feb 3, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Post up what you did, exactly, step by step. There are several fog light anytime mods out there so depending on what you did, what wires you cut, etc., there could be different results. The fog light anytime mod is a very simple wiring modification, if someting went wrong, you cut the wrong wire and did something you shouldn't have.

5. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    i followed the steps on cheap tacoma mods. i spliced into the solid light green wire in the fuse box on the little clip and i ran the wire that i spiced onto a male connector on the fog light relay which was i think the only relay that was vertical if you were standing on the drivers side. it was a simple process on the installation process and i looked over it 1000 times and im positive i did nothing wrong and i had every wire correct.

6. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:04 PM
    Blackshirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Can you take a pic and post it showing what relay you tapped into and what wire?

7. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:08 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    x2, show us what you did if you can. What you did was splice your marker light wire to trigger the fog light relay. It should not have had any affect on your CEL. Check all your fuses. Are your headlights and marker lights functioning properly?

8. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    the first photo is the relay i tapped into and the second photo is the wired i tapped into and like i said before i put everything back to the way it was and my fog lights work fine im just worried about the check engine light and traction control light

IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1487.jpg

9. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    yes everything functions fine its just all the warning lights

10. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    elclem21

elclem21 Quebeker

Member:
    First Name:
    Clément
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD DCLB
    OME 885x front, TC UCAs, OME Dakars rear, 4.30 gears, Eaton Detroit Truetrac (rear diff), HomerTaco Raptor Style satoshi grill
    Well I also have a 2009 DCLB and did this mod. It is working just like it is supposed to. You are pointing at the right relay, and the light green wire you taped in is the good one.

Check the fuses, this would be 1 thing to start with. The battery disconnect would also be a good thing to do if you found nothing. Wish you good luck with the troubleshooting.

11. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:22 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    thats why im so confused :confused: i knew i had everything right.... oh well

12. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Jeez, looks like you have everything correct. Do you have a test light? If so, check that green wire, it should become 'hot when you turn your parking lights on (just to make sure you have the correct green wire). Otherwise, like said above, disconnect the battery for 20 minutes to let the ECU reset itself. Have you done any other work to the truck recently?

13. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:27 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    i just reset the battery and all the lights turned off thank god lol so now im wondering why the mod didnt work and no i havent done any recent mods that would effect that. ive only done led reverse lights recently.
    EDIT: no i dont have a test light

14. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    monsterkx2fiddy

monsterkx2fiddy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Birthplace of Davy Crockett
    I think its the fuse thats a 10a inside the truck behind the coin holder.
    2nd row first one on the left or second. Check it

Nevermind looks like you got it

15. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:31 PM
    Blackshirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Glad your warning lights turned off. Try again maybe wires touched a metal contact and shorted it out.

16. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:33 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    ill try it again since i know the warning lights will shut off. what fuse is eveyone telling me to check?

17. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    Blackshirts

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    TX
    Vehicle:
    Stuff
    Fog fuse under dash.

18. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    okay ill look for it. thanks guys

19. Feb 3, 2013 at 6:59 PM
    smurf taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Hobe Sound, Fl
    Vehicle:
    weirdest thing...checked the fuses and eveything was fine. so i just re-did the mod and now everything works with no warning lights or anything. really weird but im glad its working!

20. Feb 3, 2013 at 7:14 PM
    Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    If you hooked everything up when the wires were live, something might have touched that shouldn't have. Could just be a weird anomoly, just keep an eye on everything for a few days.

Products Discussed in

To Top