Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Melted LightForce 170 Driving lights....

Old 02-03-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
Melted LightForce 170 Driving lights....

So I was wondering why the output of my driving lights seemed less than normal....

I bought them as a set...one is melted near the bulb...and the other is fine. Plus the one that is melted has lost all of the reflective material.... and the lights aren't even a year old yet!

This happen to anyone else? I searched a bit but havnt come across melted lightforces before...
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
I have nothing to add to this thread, just subbing to see what happens as I am looking to buy those lights.
Were they the HID version?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54 PM   #3
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nope, not HID, they are the halogen versions, OEM bulbs. I have been happy with them so far, and I have heard many good things about them... I bought them from Sierra Expeditions, I emailed them so I will see if they warranty them or something.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I have nothing to add to this thread, just subbing to see what happens
x2
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
I had a pair of the 170 strikers, spot pattern for two years, they were also halogen and I never had this problem at all. I still have them except i ordered new reflector for the one because I was rear ended and pushed into another vehicle, which shattered part of the reflector mirror
Old 02-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Cibie Oscars are the one and only driving light worth paying for.

$164 for drive beam, $198 for pencil spot
Old 02-04-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
n00b waffle

sierra expeditions said it was a LightForce warranty issue, so I emailed them...I will update when I hear back.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
TherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shedTherealScuba is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
TherealScuba's Tacoma Gallery
The guys at lightforce really stand behind their products.
They will most likely have no issue replacing the melted light for you.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 02-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
n00b waffle

So here is an update....
Lightforce had me ship them back, said they should be covered under warranty. This is why they failed. They said a batch of lights had the wrong/missing gasket/glue on the rubber plug that seals the wires going into the lights. I had my lights mounted on the upper mounts on my bumper, so they were hanging upside down. Since the seals were bad, they leaked, the water then did the rest. So lights with the proper seal, or mounting them right side up would prevent this. They haven't sent me the replacements yet but when I get the I will post an update.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #11
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
just as a heads up, it may take you a while.

I ordered 2 lenses and a reflector from 4wp (lightforce recommended distributor) day after new years. I got the lenses, still waiting on the reflector, and the parts are shipping direct from LF. Not bashing, just sayin potentially you could be waiting
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #12
n00b waffle

Thanks for the heads up. They told me as soon as they received my lights they would send me replacements....so I hope that is true
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #13
n00b waffle

UPDATE!

So another update, Tim from lightforce just called me. They are sending me some replacement lights and as a bonus, some cool swag. He said he has included some cool posters and lightforce stickers.

Granted needing to have something warrantied is a bummer, but awesome support really makes up for it. Tim has called and emailed me promptly to keep me up to date, plus I am a sticker whore, so more stickers to add to my truck makes me happy heh.

Seems like this was just an issue with a limited number of lights, and they have already fixed it, and I would still recommend these lights!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #14
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutilatedjak View Post
So another update, Tim from lightforce just called me. They are sending me some replacement lights and as a bonus, some cool swag. He said he has included some cool posters and lightforce stickers.

Granted needing to have something warrantied is a bummer, but awesome support really makes up for it. Tim has called and emailed me promptly to keep me up to date, plus I am a sticker whore, so more stickers to add to my truck makes me happy heh.

Seems like this was just an issue with a limited number of lights, and they have already fixed it, and I would still recommend these lights!
I'm happy to hear that, vendors with good rep make money off this site.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #15
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear op
Old 02-13-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
good to hear!

u dont often hear anything bad about LF.......its always money well spent from what I have seen personally.

Just as long as u dont have their first run of genesis halogens........LF USA WILL NOT get the phillips bulbs to replace the original ones, and will send u POS knockoffs instead.

NOT Wil's fault, its beyond his scope.....I had many others try to get me the right bulbs.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
ALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shedALawrence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Andrew
ALawrence's Tacoma Gallery
Free stuff = worth going with out a light for a while. Win
Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #18
Faryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shedFaryota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mic
Faryota's Tacoma Gallery
Good to hear how they stand behind there stuff....
Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #19
nuckin futs member
RIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRIDDICK3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stefan
RIDDICK3's Tacoma Gallery
had this happen to me as well but it was a little over a year and my warranty was out before I noticed the problem looking for a replacement reflector now.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #20
n00b waffle

I've seen places that sell reflectors... They are like $60 though.