Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
TacoUGA is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
TacoUGA's Tacoma Gallery
Philips X-treme Power Headlights

I ordered these headlights from Amazon after reading about them on the forum:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9003-X...1&s=automotive

However, when I received them today the package looks different than the picture on Amazon's website and they are listed as 9003/XPS2. Also, the label states they draw 67/60W (manual calls for 60/55W bulbs).

The wattage of the bulbs makes me pretty nervous to put these in. It seems like quite a few members are using these bulbs successfully. Did Amazon just screw up the order?
Old 02-04-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the Xtreme power bulbs for a while, never paid attention to the wattage though so I'm not sure what they were but they did fine. The extra wattage isn't a huge concern, it's only about an extra 1/2 amp per bulb of draw.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoUGA View Post
I ordered these headlights from Amazon after reading about them on the forum:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9003-X...1&s=automotive

However, when I received them today the package looks different than the picture on Amazon's website and they are listed as 9003/XPS2. Also, the label states they draw 67/60W (manual calls for 60/55W bulbs).

The wattage of the bulbs makes me pretty nervous to put these in. It seems like quite a few members are using these bulbs successfully. Did Amazon just screw up the order?
Welcome
Can you post before and after pictures or maybe one oem one with the phillips xtreme. I'm been looking at this just not sure if there worth it
Old 02-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
TacoUGA is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
TacoUGA's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcpsychobilly View Post
Welcome
Can you post before and after pictures or maybe one oem one with the phillips xtreme. I'm been looking at this just not sure if there worth it
Sorry, I installed the lamps before I saw your request. I don't have any before pics, but I've seen some others on the forum. The lamps are definitely whiter and brighter than stock. No hint of yellow at all.

I haven't driven with them yet, so I can't tell you if they improve vision.
Attached Thumbnails
Philips X-treme Power Headlights-uploadfromtaptalk1360038343920.jpg   Philips X-treme Power Headlights-uploadfromtaptalk1360038359459.jpg  
Old 02-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Got some in my truck, love them! Just make sure to aim them right, because you'll be pissing people off if they are too high.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoUGA View Post
Sorry, I installed the lamps before I saw your request. I don't have any before pics, but I've seen some others on the forum. The lamps are definitely whiter and brighter than stock. No hint of yellow at all.

I haven't driven with them yet, so I can't tell you if they improve vision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowDog01 View Post
Got some in my truck, love them! Just make sure to aim them right, because you'll be pissing people off if they are too high.
So I should get them
Yellow dog01 how long have you had them? Did you buy those amazon ones ($28)?

and thanks op they do look white with no yellow
Old 02-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #7
anotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shedanotherreject is one of the sharper tools in the shed
anotherreject's Tacoma Gallery
So is the higher wattage ok? I ran aftermarket bulbs in my last car that were 60/65 watts and they melted the wires
Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #8
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So I should get them
Yellow dog01 how long have you had them? Did you buy those amazon ones ($28)?

and thanks op they do look white with no yellow
I've had them for about 6 months or so. They are awesome.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #9

Quote:
I've had them for about 6 months or so. They are awesome.
Alright, and it is those $28 ones ?
Old 02-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Alright, and it is those $28 ones ?
I believe that's how much I paid for my 1st gen ones. I don't know about the 2nd gen.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 PM   #11

Quote:
I believe that's how much I paid for my 1st gen ones. I don't know about the 2nd gen.
Thanks
dont care bout 2nd gen im 1st gen

Products Discussed in this Thread