Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Eagle eyes vs depo vs used OEM

Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
Scotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud of
Name: charley
Scotty3's Tacoma Gallery
Eagle eyes vs depo vs used OEM

I'm going to retrofit my younger brothers 1st gen tacoma soon but I'm not sure what headlights to start with. the used OEM ones he has are in poor but acceptable condition. I can get eagle eyes and depo brand aftermarket headlights for about 80 for the pair to use as well. Let me know what you guys think for which option to use.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
I personally think that if the lenses on the used OEM are bad, then you arent doing the projector any good, you are affecting the output of the lights in a negative manner, if they are pretty much perfect then go OEM but if the lenses are bad, may as well go aftermarket, just make sure you seal them up really well and you should be good. I've asked this question to retrofitters and that was pretty much the response they've given me.