1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Eagle eyes vs depo vs used OEM

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Scotty3, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Feb 8, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    Scotty3

Scotty3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    charley
    Elverta
    Vehicle:
    2011 4WD TRD Off Road
    too many to list
    I'm going to retrofit my younger brothers 1st gen tacoma soon but I'm not sure what headlights to start with. the used OEM ones he has are in poor but acceptable condition. I can get eagle eyes and depo brand aftermarket headlights for about 80 for the pair to use as well. Let me know what you guys think for which option to use.

2. Feb 8, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    I personally think that if the lenses on the used OEM are bad, then you arent doing the projector any good, you are affecting the output of the lights in a negative manner, if they are pretty much perfect then go OEM but if the lenses are bad, may as well go aftermarket, just make sure you seal them up really well and you should be good. I've asked this question to retrofitters and that was pretty much the response they've given me.

Products Discussed in

To Top