Notices

How to paint the headlight housing!

Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
BIG B ZOMBIE TRD
BIG B TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: B
BIG B TRD's Tacoma Gallery
How to paint the headlight housing!

2nd gen headlight mod. i am the only one around town with these done WHITE!
Alot of people have them black.
After you take the headlights off the truck( theres other post that do that step by step) there is one tough bolt to get to but i did not bolt it back on.

i was hesitant to putting my headlights in the oven but it honestly works. 200 degrees F. and put them in for 8min. once the glue is heated up you can separate the headlights. THIS whole process is time consuming. once they were split i sanded the silver off with 420 grit sandpaper.
then painted white. several coats.
i smoked the ugly yellow turn signal and the orange reflector.( still can see the blinker light perfectly)
after painted, i let them dry over night.
put in the oven and put back together.
heres the finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
How to paint the headlight housing!-headlights.jpg   How to paint the headlight housing!-headlights-truck.jpg   How to paint the headlight housing!-securedownload.jpg  
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
BIG B ZOMBIE TRD
thanks. it came out alot better then i expected.
im happy with it.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
thats sick would look ugly as fuck on my Old man tan, but looks good on a white truck
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #5
BIG B ZOMBIE TRD
thanks. i spent $10 on paint. and me and my brother did it. a place in my town would have charged $300 to do this.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #6
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert Paulson
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I thought fuggles did this yrs ago but I may be wrong
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I think we have the red, white, and blue mods done......I swear I've seen all colors of the flag....1 red, 2 white now, and I swear 1 was speedway blue.

May be more on xru
Old 02-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #8
BIG B ZOMBIE TRD
i just havnt seen it. i know I'm not the first, dont claim to be. black housing is popular so i thought id go white.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #9
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga did do the WHLM first i believe, i've seen red, blue, and black. thats about it.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
BIG B ZOMBIE TRD
thanks iGrom32. ill post daytime pics tomorrow. just finished em and had to post.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Looks sharp.

I went black with black reflector bowl.... should have gone white on the projector shroud but I left it chrome.
If I ever re-do the projectors, the shrouds will go white.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #12
BIG B ZOMBIE TRD
your lights look good. i didnt have time or money to do projectors
Old 02-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #13

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG B TRD View Post
your lights look good. i didnt have time or money to do projectors
Atleast u got experience tearing em apart and re sealing them.....good job!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #15
trdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrdagule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
trdagule's Tacoma Gallery
Attached Thumbnails
How to paint the headlight housing!-img_0011.jpg   How to paint the headlight housing!-dsc_5740.jpg   How to paint the headlight housing!-img_2139.jpg   How to paint the headlight housing!-img_2163.jpg  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:09 PM   #18
Rylee is on a distinguished road

Name: Rylee
Rylee's Tacoma Gallery
the speedway blue ones look awesome! white on white is subtle too!
Old 02-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #19
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i dig it
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #20
Valsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shedValsmere is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brian
Valsmere's Tacoma Gallery
Wowthat looks really good nice job!