Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

In need of fog lights for 2012 taco

Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #21
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoTaco View Post
These lights are cheaper than anything I've found and the install was pretty easy. These will install like original fogs - they will be on whenever your low beams are on and you flip the switch. Not DTRL.

Here's a little more info on the harness and wiring.

http://**********************.net/bl...light-kit-help

Check out the install instructions here -

http://**********************.net/pr...light-kit-2012

Matt
I used this kit on mine and had good luck. Prob a bout a hour or so of install. The online instructions are much better since there in color. Yep zip ties are junk and I used the t connectors but wished I would have done something else. Will fix that one day.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #22
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
My 4Banger wasn't prewired so I wired them into the running lights.
My Auto OEM Fog Light Mod
Old 03-31-2013, 06:45 AM   #23
Hang on, I saw this done in a cartoon once!
mdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mdkingen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime187 View Post
I used this kit on mine and had good luck. Prob a bout a hour or so of install. The online instructions are much better since there in color. Yep zip ties are junk and I used the t connectors but wished I would have done something else. Will fix that one day.
Yep, just installed this kit on my '12 regular cab base model. Everything seemed to go together great and works great. Pictures on the website in the instructions are much clearer than printed ones that came with kit.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #24
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like $149 is about as good as a guy is going to do on a full kit. I'm installing these on my moms '13 5 Lugger. Anyone find a better price anywhere else (i.e eBay, Amazon, etc.)?

How about this kit? Any experience?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2013-To...a0d8d5&vxp=mtr

It looks like the $149 kit is a better value. Including OEM parts to include the switch. The eBay kit only comes with a generic rocker.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:10 AM   #25
MojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MojoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you get the right kit. This kit is for 2012-2013. Older Tacos have different wiring/requirements, etc. Might not work for your 5 lugger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tencrawler View Post
It looks like $149 is about as good as a guy is going to do on a full kit. I'm installing these on my moms '13 5 Lugger. Anyone find a better price anywhere else (i.e eBay, Amazon, etc.)?

How about this kit? Any experience?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2013-To...a0d8d5&vxp=mtr

It looks like the $149 kit is a better value. Including OEM parts to include the switch. The eBay kit only comes with a generic rocker.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #26
Beaver Believer
tencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedtencrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4th BCT 25th ID Airborne
Name: Wes
tencrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoTaco View Post
Make sure you get the right kit. This kit is for 2012-2013. Older Tacos have different wiring/requirements, etc. Might not work for your 5 lugger.
Oh I know that. My Taco (2007) came with fog lights, my mom's 5 lugger (2013) is what I will be installing the kit into. Thanks for looking out all the same.