Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

In need of fog lights for 2012 taco

Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
toyotatacoma2012 is on a distinguished road
Name: Sergio
toyotatacoma2012's Tacoma Gallery
In need of fog lights for 2012 taco

Guys I have a 4 banger taco that came with out fog lights. Would you all know of spots or websites I could find an oem light kit that will install? Please help!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Ebay would be a start......ur gunna need the wiring i think.......i dont think the 4 cylinders came prewired
Old 02-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
Out of my mind....be back later.
RedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedTacoDriver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: SSGT 262d CCS WANG
Name: Dale
RedTacoDriver's Tacoma Gallery
No wiring and no relays. I am in the same boat.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #5
Thanks guys, I'll start with eBay and amazon and go from there. I appreciate the response and knowledge.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
Rotorheader is on a distinguished road
Army: Helicopter Pilot
Name: Don
Rotorheader's Tacoma Gallery
Fogs for a 2009 Camry fit perfectly, eBay has them for $60. Add a $5 relay, and a couple hours, and you're good to go
Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
http://**********************.net/se...oma+fog+lights

Maybe not the cheapest but I ordered this kit.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:21 AM   #8
Thanks McLovin, I have a prerunner so I think it is prewired with relay I just have to check. Don I will check for those fog lights after I make sure what my taco is set up for.

CLC, how long have you had that kit installed?

thanks fellas!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #9
clc clc is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
clc clc's Tacoma Gallery
I havent had a chance to install them yet but the kit comes with everything needed. Fast shipping time as well.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #10
MojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
MojoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Have you had a chance to install these yet?

I bought this kit, and installed the lights, but the wiring diagram (where to tap in under dash) doesn't match my 2013 wiring. I haven't been able to figure out where to connect the wires inside the dash, and don't want to &^% it up. McDonough is still checking out why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
I havent had a chance to install them yet but the kit comes with everything needed. Fast shipping time as well.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #11
Throttle8 is on a distinguished road
Throttle8's Tacoma Gallery
Hey MojoTaco

Do the lights install like they came from the factory? or does it require some customization?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #12
MojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMojoTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
They are direct fit. I had my bumper off so it was easier, but I ended up loosening the wheel-well liner, and pushed it out of the way to get at the screws to remove the bezel cap. The lights just bolt right in with the same screws. The flat plastic trim piece that surrounds the light stays right in, so you don't have to remove that at all.

I was impressed with the wiring harness. Everything you need wiring-wise is already there, and the wires to the relays have preinstalled sockets that just plug into the relays. No soldering or connectors to install.

The only problem that I have is that my under-dash wiring does not match the pictures shown in the instructions, so I'm waiting for an answer from the techs before I attempt to make final connections.

If I get a chance later today, I'll snap a pic of the installed lights, so you can see the fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle8 View Post
Hey MojoTaco

Do the lights install like they came from the factory? or does it require some customization?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
Here's some more info

These lights are cheaper than anything I've found and the install was pretty easy. These will install like original fogs - they will be on whenever your low beams are on and you flip the switch. Not DTRL.

Here's a little more info on the harness and wiring.

http://**********************.net/bl...light-kit-help

Check out the install instructions here -

http://**********************.net/pr...light-kit-2012

Matt
Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #14
Throttle8 is on a distinguished road
Throttle8's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks MojoTaco! I will have a look.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #15
blaks 06 pre is on a distinguished road

Name: brandon
blaks 06 pre's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy wiring / switch issue

So I have a 2006 prerunner v6 and was wondering if it had factory hook ups for fog lights Or what I might need I got a factory switch from a dealer friend
Old 03-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #16
I thought prerunners came with fogs?
Old 03-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
blaks 06 pre is on a distinguished road

Name: brandon
blaks 06 pre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoTaco View Post
I thought prerunners came with fogs?
It is a added feature just like running lights
Old 03-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #18
Hang on, I saw this done in a cartoon once!
mdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shedmdkingen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
mdkingen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clc clc View Post
http://**********************.net/se...oma+fog+lights

Maybe not the cheapest but I ordered this kit.
I ordered this kit today for my '12 regular cab base model. ..let you know how it goes.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #19
eric3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to beholderic3187 is a splendid one to behold

eric3187's Tacoma Gallery
i will sell the factory fog lights from my truck (2011) i have no need for the lights.. cant help ya on with wiring though. im in houston tx, not sure where you are in tx OP
Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #20
NPComplete is on a distinguished road
NPComplete's Tacoma Gallery
More on the McDonough fog light kit

I just finished installing their kit on a new 2013 & it's probably about as smooth as it will get for this kind of job. It works as advertised; links up with the low beams/no DTRL. If you choose to go this route, here's a few things I found: The tie wraps in the kit are junk. Very brittle and break easily so get some elsewhere. The wiring harness is equipped with spade lug connectors, and those mate with T tap crimp on connectors to hook up to the under dash wires. I've found T tap crimp ons to be suspect, and these did not disappoint. I wound up soldering but perhaps you'll have better luck. Apart from that it's exceptional. The harness is sized correctly and the lights are Toyota OEM. Be sure to grab the two instruction sets off their web site as they are in color - the enclosed guide is not. I think I spent around 10 hours installing but I'm way too anal retentive.