Notices

1st Gen Aftermarket Tail Light Suggestions

Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
Cajun Yota
Beaureguardbull is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Beaureguardbull's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Aftermarket Tail Light Suggestions

Hi. I searched the forums and couldn't find a thread specifically talking about tail lights for a 1st gen, so I decided to make one. I am thinking about getting a TRS headlight retrofit kit and at the same time I would like to do aftermarket LED tail lights and 3rd brake light. I was wondering which brand should I go with. Price is not that much of a issue, I just would like something with quality. Thanks!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set of smoked spider tail lights. Vert happy with them
Attached Thumbnails
1st Gen Aftermarket Tail Light Suggestions-image.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Cajun Yota

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04trd View Post
I've got a set of smoked spider tail lights. Vert happy with them
Ive been looking at a pair similar to those... Did you get those from Ebay or where?
Old 02-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #4
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
I'm debating on getting those for my truck... Can't decide whether or not they'll look good though... I'll probably end up just tinting my stock tail lights.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all04trd is a name known to all

Name: Matt
04trd's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine from auto parts wear house. Only thing I didn't like is my led reverse lights didn't work on these lights. They are a 1156 bulb witch is the same as a turn signal on my stock 04 tail lights. But if u don't have LEDs u have to take the stock turn signal bulbs out of your stock lights and use them as reverse lights in the spyder ones
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #6
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
I bought these Spyder tails off of eBay almost a year ago. Very bright, Brighter and more useful reverse light, it projects the light a lot better than the stock, nicer appearance.

Good quality so far, I am very pleased.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco terror View Post
I bought these spyder tails off of ebay almost a year ago. Very bright, Brighter and more useful reverse light, it projects the light a lot better than the stock, nicer appearance.

Hmm, I might get these and put a light coat of tint on the red...
Old 02-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #8
Cajun Yota

Quote:
I bought these Spyder tails off of eBay almost a year ago. Very bright, Brighter and more useful reverse light, it projects the light a lot better than the stock, nicer appearance.

Was it pretty much plug and play once you got them?
Old 02-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
got 5VZFE?
taco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco terror is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
taco terror's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, Spyder tail lights are plug and play.

Smoked ones but their my style:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-00-TACOMA...a48e15&vxp=mtr

Non-smoked:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-00-TACOMA...b51beb&vxp=mtr
Old 02-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
Cajun Yota

Quote:
Yes, Spyder tail lights are plug and play.

Smoked ones but their my style:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-00-TACOMA...a48e15&vxp=mtr

Non-smoked:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/95-00-TACOMA...b51beb&vxp=mtr
Thanks for the links.. The ones I was looking at were closer to 200.