Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Just installed a Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit

Old 02-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #1
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed a Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit

Title says it all really. I ordered the TRS Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini Stage III Kit on Sunday night. I paid US priority mail (about 22 bucks) and they were on my step on Wednesday afternoon. Started the job at 2pm and took my time really and was completely done by 8pm. Could probably do it in half the time second time around though. I didnt paint anything so that helped out a bit. Would have done the BHLM except that I don't like the way it looks with the chrome grill surround so I stayed with all chrome. Here some pic and a short Vid:
VIDEO LINK (anyone know how to embed video here?)

Pics:

Here is a shot of the beam pattern. Does it look correct? Vertical adjustment was easy enpough but I've really had a hard time tracking down exactly how HID's should be adjusted in the horizontal plane. Anyone out there have any ideas?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #3
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good! Should raise the drivers side up a bit to make both step-ups the same.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Popcorn View Post
Looks good.

How hard would you say the install is?
I did not really have any problems with these particualr lights as they are essentially plug and play. Though on my 2012 I had to dremel out the alignment slots to be able rotate them a bit to get the cutoff lines straight. Other than that it was pretty straight forward. Follow the directions and you should be alright. Now granted I have been a mechanic (aircraft and now Disney) for over 25 years so some things come a bit easier for me.

RossK35 and AsianAnts thanks for the tip i'm headed out to make the adjustment now!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #6
XXFattyHunterXX is on a distinguished road
XXFattyHunterXX's Tacoma Gallery
Do you use the adjustment screws to raise the drive side up for the step to even?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #7
Tacoma Justin is on a distinguished road
Tacoma Justin's Tacoma Gallery
i really need this...looks great
Old 02-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
2010 double cab TRD Sport
El Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shedEl Tano is one of the sharper tools in the shed

El Tano's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you purchase the kit?
Old 02-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #9
Dcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedDcpsychobilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dcpsychobilly's Tacoma Gallery
Op they look great. Someday ill afford this lol
And wow you work for disney thats double
Old 02-16-2013, 11:24 PM   #11

Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXFattyHunterXX View Post
Do you use the adjustment screws to raise the drive side up for the step to even?
Yes the lights adjust just like the stock lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tano View Post
Where did you purchase the kit?
http://www.theretrofitsource.com Awesome product with great customer support!

Thxs for the compliments. I'm really pleased with how the whole mod turned out!