Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

DDM Tuning HID Kits On Sale

Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
DDM Tuning HID Kits On Sale

Just got an update through facebook saying their HID kits are on sale. I have had one for about three years and only ever had to replace a bulb (on their dime). Some people don't like them but I think there service is decent and product holds up just fine. I don't need any more kits but I may pick up a set to retro some Hellas.
http://ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HI...ast-35W-or-55W
Old 03-04-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
So I took them up on this offer and ordered headlight and fog lights this morning. I just went to check the status in hopes that they processed the order but the status says "pending fullfillment".

Anyone ever heard of that before? Sounds to me like they are out of stock of what I ordered.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
ST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shedST3VE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Update:

Your item has been processed through a sort facility in SUZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP at 4:25 pm on March 06, 2013.

If I would have known it was coming from China I may have chosen another company. I hear about a lot of shitty HIDS coming from china.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
almost any other company will have parts from china...at least at this price point

mine are DDM's, and aside from some issues w/ both striking at the same time (once the bulb is warm i turn them off and back on and the other begins illuminating, this is intermittant) i've had no issues w/ DDM, is it frustrating? yes, did I pay hardly anything for HID's and expect this, yes. NO complaints here.

When the money is available, I'm sure I will do a proper retro, for now, these are good
Old 03-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #6

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Well thanks for that. Makes me feel better about the situation now.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
09DBLCAB09 is on a distinguished road
09DBLCAB09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST3VE View Post
Update:

Your item has been processed through a sort facility in SUZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP at 4:25 pm on March 06, 2013.

If I would have known it was coming from China I may have chosen another company. I hear about a lot of shitty HIDS coming from china.
Unless the HID kit is $200+ it's most likely from china
Old 03-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Have DDM HID's on my X and no problems so far... Also had DDM HID's on my old BMW 540I in the headlights and fog lights with no problems.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #9
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Usually they are sent from their store in cali, I guess they are coming from china because the cali store was out of stock. I haven't had any problems with mine other than the same problems you would have with any normal bulbs. You get what you pay for, plus a lifetime warranty. No complaints here.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #10
abuali7866 is on a distinguished road

Name: Patrick
abuali7866's Tacoma Gallery
Any ideas what options we should be choosing for an 01 Taco? Wtf is an error eliminator?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Is that price ($29.95) for a PAIR?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #12

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. For the 35w and $40 for 55w. I got 55 for my fogs and 35 for my headlights.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #14

ST3VE's Tacoma Gallery
I would check out the color chart they have. I have always used the 6000k because they are the most white. But some people get the yellow fogs which is pretty cool too I think.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:03 PM   #15
06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed06texasedition is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 12 n msarng
Name: Matt
06texasedition's Tacoma Gallery
How do I check the color chart also which bulb type
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuali7866 View Post
Any ideas what options we should be choosing for an 01 Taco? Wtf is an error eliminator?
Just the kit is needed... Everything else is unnecessary aside from the mounting bracket but thats completely optional.

German cars like BMW, Mercedes and Audi have sensors for every bulb and when the bulb burns out it displays that a bulb is out on the information screen/pixel thingy. HID kits run differently and it'll trip this error code. It's not needed on the Tacoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4x4 View Post
How do I check the color chart also which bulb type
You need 9003... It's the same bulb type the truck uses from factory. If you want to keep the high beams then you need the 9003 hi/lo's

About color temp... 4300K-5000K is the whitest and gives the most light output, Anything over is purely just for the blue color factor. I have 5000K and i'm happy with it.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #17
Very nice how much?

I have 6000k because I wanted them to be bright but also have a slight blueish tint. White is too boring for me lol. I would have these in my fogs as well, but my truck doesn't have fogs. I may grab a kit to retro my hellas though.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:45 AM   #18
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard man times that people got ddm stuff drop shipped from china.......it is what it is....some have good results, others not so good.

Please do keep in mind that the fog lights use an h10 or an h11 depending on year I believe.....either way, I've yet to see a single drop in hid bulb kit for our fogs with a glare shield.

Also, blue is the most irritating color to the eye and causes fatigue for the driver wether ur aware or not.....blue is also horrible in rain, dust,fog, and possibly snow (I don't know about snow 1st hand).

The more blue, the less usable light also.

U can always have that bluish look (to others), while having a nice crisp white light to your eyes.....its the projectors that cause the blue cutoff line in oem hids in higher in vehicles....they use 4300k phillips bulbs.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Yup 4300-5000şK is the brightest light, pure white...

I detect a bit of blue with my 5000's.

If 35 watts, then 6000şK will look more blue than white (when I tried them). However, I understand if you go with 55 watts then 6000 isn't as blue.

35 watts is more than enough for HIDs, however... unless you are doing 120 mph on a dry lake bed in Baja! 35 watts is more light than 100 or even 130 watts out of a halogen bulb. The advantage of HID technology is to provide twice the light of halogen at half the power!

The next generation is LED, which is even brighter and uses a lot less power than HID!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #20
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by David K View Post
Yup 4300-5000şK is the brightest light, pure white...

I detect a bit of blue with my 5000's.

If 35 watts, then 6000şK will look more blue than white (when I tried them). However, I understand if you go with 55 watts then 6000 isn't as blue.

35 watts is more than enough for HIDs, however... unless you are doing 120 mph on a dry lake bed in Baja! 35 watts is more light than 100 or even 130 watts out of a halogen bulb. The advantage of HID technology is to provide twice the light of halogen at half the power!

The next generation is LED, which is even brighter and uses a lot less power than HID!
Yes, 50 watts washes out the color and is kinda like a colorshifted bulb.....the 35s naturally colorshit lighter.....50's pretty much drop the kelvin rating of a bulb some.

But, 35 watt lights in my bar don't come close to the throw of my lightforce halogens....