Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Retrofit HELP- trying to do this right now and stuck

Old 02-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
logcabinwc's Tacoma Gallery
Retrofit HELP- trying to do this right now and stuck

Hey all need some quick help here. Trying to do a retrofit on my 2nd gen with my buddy right now and we have everything ready to go to start mounting them in the bowls. But, we cant figure out how the black plastic ring fits into anything and how the shroud stays on. It just seems the shroud will fall off after a few bumps in the road. Does that mean it has to be glued on?
And, I just want to be sure we are putting everything in right side up. Does the spring looking assembly behind the dome glass go on the bottom?
PLease help!
(and I apologize, I'm sure I sound completely stupid right now... I just want to get this done correctly the first time)
And I have the instructions from TRS, so please no links to that lol

And so People will click on this thread:

Old 02-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i'll have you know the pic worked
Old 02-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
logcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shedlogcabinwc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Yoda View Post
i'll have you know the pic worked
good! any advice though? haha
Old 02-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #6
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Damn the pic got me, shrouds do need to be glued on, or siliconed.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Her headlights look fine, don't retrofit them.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Her headlights look fine, don't retrofit them.
Holy Jesus i havent seen you on here in forever!!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
You glue it.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
Light coat all around and it be good and slide on. Attach the black ring on to the what ever look your going for (Bullet, Appol) then apply glue around the ring the inside of it and slide on!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Holy Jesus i havent seen you on here in forever!!

Old 02-16-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
woode87 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Aircraft Mechanic
Name: Eric
woode87's Tacoma Gallery
What was the question again? I keep getting distracted for some reason.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #13
OverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud ofOverRated has much to be proud of
Name: David
OverRated's Tacoma Gallery
your not gonna get a answer with that picture. lol

which shrouds do you have? Some require trimming to fit right. For my shrouds I had to glue them down with JB Weld and that black ring is just a alignment ring for the shrouds to sit evenly.

also, I believe the springs are on the bottom.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #14

i have the gatling gun.. and ya i went and picked up some gel glue stuff and we are fitting everything together now..
Thanks for everyone's help!