1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How to install access bed light?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by TheBusiness, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Feb 17, 2013 at 8:56 PM
    TheBusiness

TheBusiness [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off-Road
    I know this is probably really simple, but I have absolutely no experience as far as electronics go. I got a access LED light strip as a free gift from AutoAnything when I ordered an access roll up tonneau (that installation went smoothly). I really want to put the light in and don't need to control it from the cab, but from the button that is connected to the strip. It requires connection to a 12 volt power source and ground wire, not sure where those are located in a TRD taco. Any help is appreciated, pictures would be great.

2. Feb 17, 2013 at 9:08 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    You can get a fuse tap or add a fuse and plug that in under the dash in the fusebox to a port that turns on with ignition, then run the wire from there, through the firewall, and back to the positive wire on the light. The negative wire on the light can be grounded to any bolt that is also somehow grounded to the frame (which is just about all of them). There may be a constant 12v source that is closer but someone else would need to chime in.

3. Feb 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM
    TheBusiness

TheBusiness [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '13 TRD Off-Road
    Alright thanks, I think I'll try it next weekend.

Products Discussed in

To Top