LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

switch

Old 02-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Head of the MASTERS CIRCLE
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

mar_ga_rita's Tacoma Gallery
switch

Alright got fog lights... now I need a switch... sure I could used the one that came with it but I want a factory looking one.... I have an 03 tacoma d/c.... looking for a fog light switch for either a tacoma or 4runner... pm me
Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
"Use The Search Luke".....plenty of chat on this subject to keep your mind very occupied.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
The switches i have you can get at the dealer roughly $15-20ea Part# for fog switch 00550-35976 its the ones with the amber light

Old 02-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
mar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to beholdmar_ga_rita is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
X2 ^^^
so I can get them at the dealer
Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 PM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
check out trdparts4u.com instead of the dealer as they'll be cheaper
Old 02-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #7
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
ebay is your best friend!
Old 02-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
try yabe.com
??????????????
Old 02-08-2009, 02:25 PM   #11
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mar_ga_rita View Post
??????????????
it's ebay backwards... I'm retarded..
Old 02-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #12
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Thats why i went to the dealer, trdparts4u.com wants 9.99 shipping and 9.28 for the switch you end up paying the same price. better off going to the dealer takes a day for it to come in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
check out trdparts4u.com instead of the dealer as they'll be cheaper
Old 02-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
apkarian100 will become famous soon enoughapkarian100 will become famous soon enough

apkarian100's Tacoma Gallery

http://www.oznium.com/gsw-45-led

It's expensive, but it is meant for factory Scion switches, so it will work for stock Toyota locations.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #14
BatesY is on a distinguished road

BatesY's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to BatesY
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
The switches i have you can get at the dealer roughly $15-20ea Part# for fog switch 00550-35976 its the ones with the amber light

is that the part number for the switch? i wanna go to my toyota parts house and rub it in their face when they told me they dont have anything like that
Old 06-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #15
BigT is on a distinguished road
BigT's Tacoma Gallery
Switch

I just got the switch in the pics, part# 00550-35976, and hooked up my aftermarket fog lights, the problem is, the fog lights work, but the indicator light on the switch doesn't come on. I have it connected as follows: Top plug-ground, middle-hot, bottom-switch/relay. I reversed the middle and bottom wires, same thing. I thought it would work, as the switch with the kit was a rocker switch that lit with lights on.
Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #16
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you have a good ground or the indicator light will not operate correctly.

You can find a hot connection and use a test light to check your ground.

Your top prong is grounded, the middle is hot, and the bottom is your switched power.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #17
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
I heard they were not making the OEM fog light switches anymore, so get them while you can i guess... I got my switches from oznium, but with the amber light not the green like the pic above. You should make better use of the search button but i guess i'll do the work for you and tell you to look at the link in my sig.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedruM29 View Post
I heard they were not making the OEM fog light switches anymore, so get them while you can i guess... I got my switches from oznium, but with the amber light not the green like the pic above. You should make better use of the search button but i guess i'll do the work for you and tell you to look at the link in my sig.
I got one out of a 4 runner... and it looks stock if I think about it I will snap a pic of it and post it
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #19
BigT is on a distinguished road
BigT's Tacoma Gallery
Switch

Thanks for the replies, but I don't think it's a bad ground, as the switch that came with the kit(a red rocker switch) lit when lights were on.Could it be a defective switch?
Old 06-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #20
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
If your constant + and your ground are good, the switch is defective like you stated. The ground is what actually completes the circuit in order to power the light while the switch is in the ON position.

Just to make certain the switch is defective, I would verify your connections with a digital meter, test light, or whatever means you have available.

If you end up needing another switch, I have an extra of the same switch that is in new and working order. PM me if you end up needing one.

Good luck on getting that switch working.