LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

What the hell am I looking at here? (Wiring Help)

Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
What the hell am I looking at here? (Wiring Help)

Let me start off by saying I have the wiring skill of a retarded seal, so I really don't know what I'm looking at here. Yes, I have tried to read the wiring FAQ but it's pretty much like reading and looking at Swahili.

Anyways, I have a Blitzpro 21S (Big thanks to Blitzpro for the sweepstakes give-a-way!) and I have the OKLEDLIGHTBARS wiring harness with "...wiring harness with switch, relay and built in fuse holder, just hook to battery, hook 2 leads to the 2 leads on the lights." (from the product description)

The Blitzpro also came with some stuff (show in second picture) that I don't really know what to do with. I think the wiring harness in the picture goes in the order of plug to light, fuse/relay with hookups to battery, and switch.

My main questions are, how do I hook up the light to the light plug on the wiring harness, and how do I connect the battery hookups to the battery? Also, once I connect the light to the harness and the harness to the battery, is that really all I have to do or is there more to do with the built in relay and fuse?

Everything

Blitzpro Stuff

Blitzpro Lightbar Wiring

OKLEDLIGHTBAR Wiring Harness

Relay and Fuse Picture on OKLEDLIGHTBAR's website

Picture Link

Matt
Old 02-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #2
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I see a switch that goes into the cab, I see a connector on the harness and I don't see a solenoid but I'll assume it's there and wired in already. I also see a red ring terminal to hook the battery positive and black to batt - .

The free connector and pins go to the light bar end I'd assume. You'll need a special crimper well... you'll need a crimper for those. The inner tabs crimps to the wire the outer tabs to the insulation. You'll need to match them up terminal for terminal positive and negative. Then just plug everything in.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
TAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAKoma907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
TAKoma907's Tacoma Gallery
Send it all to me and I'll make a video of me putting it on my truck and then send said video back to you.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Actually now that I'm re-reading your post, I'm not so sure the connectors from blitzpro and ok led are the same. You may need the OK LED connector for the lightbar to use their harness.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #5

OR cut off the ok led connector at the light bar end and use both of the blitzpro connectors. Just remember you have to match up terminal to terminal and positive to negative on either side. There are male and female terminals there and they pop into those plastic connectors.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 AM   #6
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
Actually now that I'm re-reading your post, I'm not so sure the connectors from blitzpro and ok led are the same. You may need the OK LED connector for the lightbar to use their harness.
The connecter from the OKLED and the connecters from Blitzpro do not work together.

If I got this (seems to be out of stock) could I just replace all the "little" Blitzpro stuff with the OKLED connecters and it would all be fine?

And the pin side goes into the connecters, then the little wings go over the wire and you crimp them down?

Quote:
OR cut off the ok led connector at the light bar end and use both of the blitzpro connectors. Just remember you have to match up terminal to terminal and positive to negative on either side. There are male and female terminals there and they pop into those plastic connectors.
Ok, I see what you're saying, that might be an easier way to do it.

Matt
Old 02-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #7

These are the type of crimpers you need well at least the crimping part itself. #4 or #2, not sure on the exact size but that's the style.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #8

Yes and Yes.

Another way is to just remove the connectors entirely and use butt connectors with heat shrink but that's not as nice of a way to do it. If I didn't have the connectors that how I'd do it but since they're there...
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
Student / Vol. FF

If I cut the OKLED connecter (on the lightbar side), how would I connect the Blitzpro male back onto the wire?

Matt
Old 02-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #10

You'd need to cut back the uhh conduit shit on the harness, then strip off a bit of insulation off each wire.

Figure out how the connectors and terminals interface. Then crimp the wires on the terminals and pop them into the connectors. Remember to match red and black.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #11

This video isn't the best because you can't see the other side of the tool and it's a two in one crimper but that's basically what you're going for. You can see where the tabs fold over the un-insulated wire that they also make a little notch in the center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vptd2n5p5-I
Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #12

Same idea roughly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhTbpNEbz_I
Old 02-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #13
Student / Vol. FF

Ok, I understand how the pins (Servos?) work now, but if I cut the OKLED connecter off, can I use the Blitzpro stuff to do this:

OKLED Wire (where the connecter was cut) >>> Servos >>> Blitzpro Male Connecter >>> Blitzpro Female Connecter >>> Servos >>> Lightbar

Also, what are the little yellow rubber things for?

Matt
Old 02-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #14

They're not servos, not for our application. They're terminals, the plastic housings are connectors.

But yeah that's basically what you're gonna do. Hook the terminals to the wires, pop on connectors, pop the connectors together and you've got yourself a connection!

The yellow things are seals to make the connectors more weather-resistant. You may want to look up how blitzpros connectors work, I know I've seen a page on it somewhere. They should show you what goes where and how it all fits together.

Then just cut strip crimp plug and go!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #15
Student / Vol. FF

Ok, I may have to go out and buy some crimpers and strippers, but thank you a lot for your help Max...This wiring stuff is like rocket science to me.

I'll go look up the Blitzpro connecters now.

Matt
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #16

Well they don't give you too much to go on but maybe a little bit of an idea, the rest you should be able to figure out I'd think.

http://blitzpro.com/faq.html#answer2

Just play with them some, they usually only fit shit one way.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #17

No worries, hit me up if you run into any snags. We can always get Monte up in the fray, I know he's done this multiple times.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No worries, hit me up if you run into any snags. We can always get Monte up in the fray, I know he's done this multiple times.

alright. Im here now haha

So whats the question? i didn't totally read every post.

For the blitzpro bar you have to put the connectors together. However from my own experience after wiring about 8 sets of Blitzpro lights, don't use it.

Its very touchy to put together just right.

Id use a different connector, but before i suggest which one, can you solder at all? have you ever??
Old 02-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
alright. Im here now haha

So whats the question? i didn't totally read every post.

For the blitzpro bar you have to put the connectors together. However from my own experience after wiring about 8 sets of Blitzpro lights, don't use it.

Its very touchy to put together just right.

Id use a different connector, but before i suggest which one, can you solder at all? have you ever??
No, I don't even have tools for soldering. I think I will try to cut the OKLED connecter off of the wiring harness (the OKLED and Blitzpro connecters do not connect) and connect the Blitzpro male into the wiring harness and the female onto the lightbar wire.

Are there any problems to going about this way?

Matt
Old 02-23-2013, 01:17 PM   #20

I think we're better off sticking to crimping. He's got the OK LED connector on his wiring harness and no connector on his blitzpro but has male/female connectors from blitzpro he could attach to harness and light.