Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Hella lighting

Old 02-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
RockNRolla is on a distinguished road
RockNRolla's Tacoma Gallery
Hella lighting

Anyone have any pictures of a pair of 500FF's and 700FF's on a N-Fab or any light bar for that matter.
Looking to buy cheap, and convert to HID like everyone else.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRolla View Post
Anyone have any pictures of a pair of 500FF's and 700FF's on a N-Fab or any light bar for that matter.
Looking to buy cheap, and convert to HID like everyone else.
Well, if you go to this thread, after about page 13 or so, you will see people with their bars mounted and you could look in those member's gallery for more pics or PM them with questions. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bay...light-bar.html
Other than that I would suggest pumping "Hella 500" "Hella 700" "BAMF Lightbar" and "HID covnversion" individually into the search function on this website and I'm sure you will find lots of information on these topics.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
Thanks. Been searching the shit out of it on here, google, etc. But can't seem to find a single picture of a both sets mounted. And a BAMF behind the grill bar is not the case here. Guess I wasn't clear enough with stating N-Fab bar or any bar. My bad. ..moving on.
Any photoslop people out there even? Trying to get some perspective on the sizing.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Thanks. Been searching the shit out of it on here, google, etc. But can't seem to find a single picture of a both sets mounted. And a BAMF behind the grill bar is not the case here. Guess I wasn't clear enough with stating N-Fab bar or any bar. My bad. ..moving on.
Any photoslop people out there even? Trying to get some perspective on the sizing.
I have two Baja Designs which are the same size as the Hella 700's and two Hella 500's, if you want i could snap a pic or two tomorrow and you could see.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I have two Baja Designs which are the same size as the Hella 700's and two Hella 500's, if you want i could snap a pic or two tomorrow and you could see.
For sure man! That would be rad. Post it up.
I doubt you and I are the only 2 ppl on here to think of staggered sized driving lights. I was thinking of going with a pair of LightForce 170's and the 500's. But I don't know if the bang for buck is there with LF. Considering how cheap Hella's can be.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #6
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine on an Avid bar...HID converted to 6000k 4 hella 500ff
Old 02-26-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For sure man! That would be rad. Post it up.
I doubt you and I are the only 2 ppl on here to think of staggered sized driving lights. I was thinking of going with a pair of LightForce 170's and the 500's. But I don't know if the bang for buck is there with LF. Considering how cheap Hella's can be.
Makes sense.....I've got LF genesis spot beams in the center 2 tabs, and cheap ass kragen hid/red rings on the outer 2 tabs of my avid light bar.

The genesis shine well beyond anything I ever expected, and the kragens are just to fill the left/right areas.

On long dim lit desolate roads where cows, deer,coyotes, etc are a danger I can light things up ridiculously far away, and also have the left/right of the roads lit up well beyond the shoulder so I can see any of these animals that may be wandering in the fields and could pose a danger by running.....works great when there's no fences seperating pastures and fields from the road.

I've heard the hellas are bright.....then I asked how far they throw (non retrofitted) and I was told "as far as my high beams"...... I wanted something that throws sunlight much further than my highbeams, otherwise it just didn't fit the bill for me since........I already have highbeams

Lightforce can take a ton of abuse.....proof is all over the net, just google "lightforce torture test"
Old 02-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery

All I got of all four lights......I have 1 with just the light forces that it better lit here.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post

All I got of all four lights......I have 1 with just the light forces that it better lit here.

Those LF's are about the same dimensions as the Hella 700ff's right?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #10

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Those LF's are about the same dimensions as the Hella 700ff's right?
Not sure to be honest.....Ill get u info from lf on dimensions in a second tho

http://www.lightforceusa.com/product...enesis_halogen

I got them from Wil at sierra expeditions.......he's an awesome guy to deal with, insanely fast shipping...serious, the shipping on everything I've ordered is fast. We are talkin next day, never had a backorder issue, and he usually has things boxed in about 3hrs ready to got from online order to ready to ship....1 time he had things packed and waiting for ups in less than an hour!

They are also a vendor here, so don't forget to support our vendors !
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
Jon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shedJon850FL is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
Jon850FL's Tacoma Gallery
hope this helps. SmittyBilt/NFab Light Bar

Old 02-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
Banned
To the OP here's the pics, the one's in the middle are not Hella 700's but they are the same size and design

They are not HID's they are all 130W KC bulbs, the two on the sides are not pointed directly ahead which is why they look dimmer

Old 03-14-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon850FL View Post
hope this helps. SmittyBilt/NFab Light Bar

Almost exactly what I was trying to find!! Just the inner 2 lights being 700FF's. Which is where I am at so far. The 500FF's on order. Will likely convert to HID in the future.
Thanks for all the posts gents. Some good ideas in here too.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #14
DevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shedDevL is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DevL's Tacoma Gallery
The LF Genesis are 210mm 8" lights. Hella 500 series are a hair over 6" and NOT comparable in any way. The Genesis are lighter, brighter, tougher, and waterproof. Hellas have open holes to let water and contamination in... they are cheap lights. You can fit an HID retro INSIDE the Genesis body too. Genesis are better than LF Blitz 170 as well, just not adjustable like the 170. The Hella 700 are 7" lights. The larger the reflector, the mire light you can capture and project forward.