Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Lighting

Notices

Dash lights not working

Old 02-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #1
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Dash lights not working

So, I turned on my truck yesterday and noticed that the gauge cluster lights that backlight the speedometer, tach, odometer, fuel gauge and oil temp were completely dark. No amber lights.

BUT, the warning lights ( i.e. check engine, e-brake, door open, and lights on) are still lit up.

The light that lights up the shifter is also out, along with the A/C control lights.

The clock and ac button lights still work and dim.

So, I'm thinking that it's not just "all these lights burned out at once".
I checked the fuse panel inside the truck. The "gauge" 7.5A fuse was not blown. I replaced it anyway with a new 7.5A fuse.

So before I get out the hatchet and sawzall and rip my dash a new one…

Any ideas?

Any other fuses I should check?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
TexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexAggie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
TexAggie's Tacoma Gallery
Did you check the scroll on your dash that dims you lights?
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
AKA ::1
127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed127.0.0.1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 12th TIS
127.0.0.1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
After checking your dimmer switch, look at your fuse panel on drivers side of dash and locate the "IG1 2" fuse. That is what powers your illumination for your cluster.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
the Nightman cometh!
jjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjew18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jjew18's Tacoma Gallery
Bulbs could be out. Possible they all went out, what have you wired lately?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Fish
ABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shedABregenzer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ABregenzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAggie View Post
No comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaToy1997 View Post
After checking your dimmer switch, look at your fuse panel on drivers side of dash and locate the "IG1 2" fuse. That is what powers your illumination for your cluster.

see above. Thank you for the help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjew18 View Post
Bulbs could be out. Possible they all went out, what have you wired lately?
I let my dad drive my truck. That seemed to be the problem

All fixed now
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #7
ASE Master Tech
BamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBamaToy1997 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: M1A2 hull/turret technician, 4th Maint Btn. 4th FSSG.
Name: Bill
BamaToy1997's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABregenzer View Post
No comment

see above. Thank you for the help

All fixed now
LOL...whoops!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
JCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shedJCruiser is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Over your paygrade
Name: Master Chief (E-9) USN (Ret)
JCruiser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

All fixed now
Just remember, you were a teenager once, too....

(So said my son when I drove his truck and repositioned the seat not to his liking.) I think back at all of the things, especially the radio station and volume that would be reset after he brought my truck back from a date. It was all good until I found the torn open Trojan package on the floorboard. The next weekend we went out and found him his own vehicle. Ha ha.